WW Damage?

WW was at its best in Dragonflight, and it’s been my main for like 6 years, but they took away about 8 of my favorite things, and most importantly, tiger palm dash (Skyreach I think). I’m so disappointed and I don’t want to make a whole post cuz I knew the only way from DF onwards was down, so I expected it. The skill tree for WW Monk has always been kinda meh, but it feels SO bad now. I dislike choosing the last ~5 rows of talents so much, I’d almost rather just not have them.

3 Likes

Honestly, I felt this past season was really good for ww monks. Regarding single/raid target spec, it would PUMP off the bat with ashes, serenity, xuen, and pillar weapon or whatever it’s called. I’m in a decent, “ahead of the curve” guild, and nobody beat me during the initial burst of a boss fight. Only class that was beating me overall half the time was a warrior. I cant even keep up with other classes in 510 item gear lvl now.

But yeah, they take stuff out that needs to stay in. I don’t get the Serenity pull. So disappointing, with such a slow feeling rotation.

I have beta and have been testing for a while, WW is no where even remotely in the area of top 5 dps.

I’m not particularly worried about it because I feel like this whole month will be dedicated to tuning that has been largely ignored so far, but as things currently stand this statement is flat out false. Middle/lower end of dps would be more accurate

2 Likes

fury is and woll be top for ST pve and pvp

super powered, especially mountain thane

1 Like

Just because you play on the beta that doesn’t mean you are doing the content.

In the raid testing WW is top 5 DPS. Could be top 3 as Arcane and Elemental are the DPS that can consistently out DPS WW on most fights.

Irrelevant after today’s updates, but no lmao, ww was not top 5 in raid testing. Don’t know what data you were looking at, maybe just some players in the raid who sucked?

1 Like

thats how i feel

Must admit, so far so good with the addition of the hero talents. Playing much faster again. Only heroic, hopefully it holds up for mythics and raids!

I mean, the hero talent passive dmg is not bad but hard to control and master it i guess, compared to other classes that have really easy rotations and burst window dmg.
I hope WW gets better with tier, cause the 4set is fully focused on AOE dmg so M+ shouldnt be a problem.

I love the ww rotation. Plays fast and strong not just with aoe but with single target. Curious to see how this will compare to other classes once raiding picks back up but feeling much better about ww now. Think this will certainly be a strong keys class, but was mainly worried about raid dmg.

We’re great in Raids. Our Single Target is better than our AOE for the first time ever.

It’s certainly not the first time ever, but it definitely rarely happens.

1 Like

True. Feels like it though.

BTW thank you for everything you do for the Windwalker Community. It was great seeing you on Max’s stream.

1 Like