WW Bogged down in combat

Although being one of the most mobile classes/specs, windwalkers often feel bogged down in combat. One of our most important abilities, Fists of Fury, is a 3.5 sec long channel. And that feels like an eternity when an enemy needs to be interrupted. Or you need to use a movement ability to chase an enemy, get knocked away, or youre standing in stuff.
Whirling Dragon Punch is such a fun ability, but in high mobile fights, using it can be detrimental. Chasing a boss or making sure to not stand in anything can cause you to hesitate to use it, which can lead to either Rising Sun Kick or Fists of Fury coming off cooldown. If that happens it can lead to severe downtime on the ability.
I would love to see a reduced channel time for FoF and being able to move with WDP. Small little quality of life changes(although a shorter channel on FoF would lead to tuning issues) would make the spec feel much more responsive

5 Likes

You are correct. This is a common critique. Hopefully we’ll see some love when they finally start class tuning for SL

1 Like

To be honest if monk dosent get some much needed scaling issues fixed this go on dps or some fistweaving love ion mw I think everyone quitting monk would be the only way to get some major immeduant fixes because it really feels like they always get the boot. :C I want to play and love playing monk dps and heals again as it was in MoP beginning

2 Likes

Another issue is FoF being such a long channel time is that having it stunned or stopped in any way is a massive dps loss. There’s a lot of glaring issues with the class that gets worse and worse as an expansion goes on and new tiers open up yet it never gets addressed. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They should just have FOF be the same as blade dance, get rid of the channel and just have the visual be the monk punching the target from every angle

1 Like

I think giving WW a parry window on either FoF (and then they’d have incentive to finally reduce the channel time because 4s of parry on a DPS in PvE would be ludicrous) or WDP would go a long way in 5 man content. It starts to homogenize with DH, but blade dance is so insanely strong when you have relevant mechanics that you kind of need to give other classes a chance to compete.

1 Like

Diablo monk 7-sided strike.

3 Likes

Monk is one of the most simply and easily punished classes right now IMO.
ToD is our only big CD so most teams can easily save a CD to pair with it.
ToK is our biggest survivability CD and it is countered in most matchups.
FoF is our strongest ability if we channel full and it gets easily countered by short HoJ, stormbolt, Any mobility, paralyze… etc…

Fof is easy to land. And them having to spend cds longer than fof to stop a 100% parry and 90% slow is pretty toxic game play.