WTF Great Vault RNG

There’s 9 options.

There’s no such thing as PvP stats.

Yeah the point that there isn’t PvP stats.

I think what he told us was “it will be better than the weekly chest”, which is a technically true statement. If you do a direct comparison in a vacuum without considering any other options it is better.

However in reality it’s not. We gave up loot drop rates in dungeons/raids, and completely forfeited them in Arena. What we would need Ion to discuss is overall loot concerns, not just a disingenuous comparison between a bad system (weekly chest) and the great vault.

Okay, let me know how PvP goes for you without Versatility.

1 Like

It may help in PvP but it’s not a pvp stat like resilience was. It has functions outside of pvp.

While that is true, it is absolutely mandatory to have versatility as your secondary stat focus if you plan on doing any kind of serious pvp.

You’d last about 2 seconds in arena at the moment without any versatility.

1 Like

Oh noes did you lose 37dps in a simulation?

1 Like

No one ever said the Vault was going to be meaningful choice. lol

Loot was “let loot be loot.” And here’s your explanation of what they actually said:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/raid-vs-mythic-loot-tables/652040/5

what part of “random” to you suggests “guaranteed upgrades every week”?

3 Likes

When m+ gearing is shifted around weekly chest, it does suggest upgrades weekly.
Pretty much every argument for lower m+ drops and all that was “you got great vault”.

I don’t think you quite understand what is being said.

But it’s not a PvP exclusive stat.

It’s also a PvE stat. Heck, for some specs, it’s their TOP PvE stat.

That’s an assumption you made. Moving to the weekly chest came with no promise of weekly upgrades.

Oh I think I understand your semantical argument perfectly. “Versatility” doesn’t fall under the traditional definition of “PvP stat” in the same way resiliency does, despite it being very much a 100% necessary stat to be competitive in PvP at this time. Wow, what a revolutionary conversation. We’re all so much smarter now that it has been clarified. Thank you for your contribution to the forums.

1 Like

9 options? People at the bottom and people at the very, very top get 9 options.

I could pvp 9 hours a day on top of everything I do, and still only get 3 choices a week.

1 Like

No, someone said Vers wasn’t a stat he used, I corrected the notion that Vers is exclusively a PvP stat. That’s not semantics, that’s literally not understanding what Vers’ function is.

You then came in with whatever it is you’re trying to say when my point was that Vers was also good in PvE.

Except it did, the game director explained nerfing m+ loot would be compensated by weekly drops in an interview.

1 Like

Cite what he actually said. Paraphrasing means you can make him say things he didn’t actually say.

That’s the issue, the original design of it.

1 Like

The loot calculation:

Meaningful choice * RNG * 3.50 == your loot drops.

1 Like

I know everyone probably already complained about Great Vault, but is this a joke on me or what? I got wrist last week from there. All I do is m+. This week I get 3 options, and all 3, ALL FREAKING 3, are wrist. Really? You couldn’t give me any other options? Seriously blizz, wtf are you all doing over there? Get your heads out of your collective a**es and fix this junk.

3 Likes

That was just a catch phrase for Ions army of uninformed dolts to use defending a crappy system.

1 Like

Yup my box is absolute garbage, seriously has me considering whether or not I want to continue playing this expansion. I grind M+ week after week, and never get anything but 35 anima, and the pieces in my great vault are just literally trash with my worst stats.

Not really, there are several specs that use it as one of their primary secondary stats.