Wrongfully suspended

2 weeks ago I was suspended for no reason. I submitted a ticket, was told my suspension was being upheld and there was nothing I could do. 4 days later I get an email that it was an error and I was wrongfully banned during a banwave. Another week goes by and it happens again, this time saying I exploited the mage tower. They wont give any evidence as to what I did, and told me my suspension is being upheld. Hopefully I get another email saying it was an error but I’m posting here because it seems that the ticket I submitted is just a copy paste response.

2 Likes

Yes, templates are used.

Sounds like you are familiar with the correct avenue, which is appeal.

I would continue to submit appeals until they tell.ypu the decision is final.

Please be aware, an appeal.is not there to.plead your case. Simply gets a fresh set of eyes to review the logs.

They do not provide proof because scammers would love to know what got them caught.

9 Likes

Thanks for the response, I guess I’ll leave this post up. And continue to appeal every week or so.

This post will not help get the punishment lifted. Only the appeal can do that and keep appealing until they tell you you have no more appeals.

2 Likes

Totally missed that, didn’t you? If they are in error, they will remove it. Sometimes it takes time to find the issue what may have caused the false flag, but Blizzard does correct themselves when they find an error has occured. They’re not perfect and admit as such.

7 Likes

I’ll try to clear up what I can, but understand that I won’t be able to provide details.

We have a special team that investigates possible exploitation, botting, realm money trading, and a number of other activities that are prohibited within our games. Many of the investigations focus on groups of accounts who may have been violating specific policies at the time and the penalties for the detected activities tend to go out in a wave.

Our teams do what they can to make sure to rule out false positives and to ensure that the actions taken are 100% accurate. We are still human and mistakes happen from time to time, which is why there is an appeal process. During an appeal the action is examined and double-checked to confirm the original findings, and to check if the account may have been compromised at the time of the violation. If compromised and/or evidence indicates a false positive/error the penalty is overturned.

During your appeal the original finding was upheld because the evidence was verified. However, looking at the various criteria involved in this investigation, it was decided that the activity was minor enough for the harsher penalty to be lifted. It sounds like the template you received was a general one, which I can imagine was confusing. Sorry about that.

The current penalty appears to be for a different violation that was found, one that has very little room for error. Based on what I can see, I don’t know if this one would be overturned for any reason.

I’m afraid posts here won’t result in additional review or a different outcome. The only means of appealing is to submit an appeal ticket as you have before.

17 Likes