Wrong Quest Item & No Support

I recently received the Head of Onyxia as a rogue. I intended to get the neck but in my half-asleep state, selected the caster ring. I contacted support and they informed me they would not be help in switching the reward. Its not like I made a bad decision and regretted it, this was a simple misclick.

Support in the past has made swaps like this so I don’t understand the sudden hardline. I was told I would eventually find a replacement. That simply isn’t realistic considering how good that neck is. Considering the fact that my guild intended for me to wear the neck, I’m pretty screwed if I’m not wearing it now…

This policy is very unfair and overly punitive for something that can be easily resolved.

1 Like

Actually, it’s always been extremely rare for GMs to be allowed to swap out a quest item due to user mistake.

That said, with Classic, there are fewer tools available and stricter policies in place. If you’d like to see these change, you’ll want to use the in-game suggestion feature or post a constructive suggestion in the Classic General Discussion forums.

8 Likes

I’m thoroughly confident nothing will come of this. Blizzard is just milking this game for cash, which is readily apparent when you consider the limited GM staff among other things. I’ll likely cancel my 7 accounts if this is the kind of support I can expect.

1 Like

Not exactly sure if you mean limited as in what they’re able to help with, or in numbers (which is what I believe you meant), but they have more GM staff today than they have in recent years.

Personally, I think it’s a little harsh to cancel over a mistake you made, but everyone has their own feelings when it comes to stuff like that.

Best of luck in your future gaming.

12 Likes

I have a character who is locked out from using one of their BIS items due to a misclick. And regardless of who made the mistake, its my perogative to decide what I cancel my subscription over and I certainly don’t need your approval.

1 Like

Nobody said you needed anyone’s approval.

The policy in classic is that they won’t swap out items in situations like this. If you’d like to see that policy change then you’d need to make that suggestion either in-game or maybe in the classic general forums. But if that’s a deal breaker for you, then good luck with where your gaming takes you.

8 Likes

Customer Support will be unable to:

Restore quest items lost through deletion or quest abandonment. You’ll need to reacquire the quest and obtain the item again.
Swap quest rewards
Unbind items bound to a character
Exchange bind on pick up loot between characters.
    Raid items will have a 2 hour trade window
9 Likes

If you would like to see a change in policy, it would be best to post in the forum, the above post is located. This policy was set by developers, not be CS staff, and only they can change said policy.

7 Likes

This is certainly correct. Good luck wherever your gaming takes you.

4 Likes

I answered something similar around a week ago so I’m just going to quote that response here.

3 Likes

“Easily resolved” is a little misleading, Sneakysnexx. Yes, a Game Master can delete the reward you received and create a new one. For you, that would take less than 10 minutes. Add that to how much time it would take to fix everyone else who made a mistake… or who changed their mind on the reward they wanted.

We’re trying to keep response times down as best as we can so that we can get to folks who are having issues that might prevent them from being able to play and that is our current policy.

If you want to see the policy change, as I recommended in my previous post, you’ll want to provide feedback in the appropriate forum.

1 Like

Psst, the OP was posted five days ago. Someone posted and deleted it.

Still deserves an answer, regardless of when it was originally posted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would have to agree with Sneakysnexx in this instance, as i too misclicked the BiS Nefarian reward. I have put over 40 days of gameplay into my main only to have him permanently nerfed due to a minor misclick, and it has sucked the fun out of the game for me. In my ticket response i was told there was no way for the situation to be fixed, and if the GM’s had any way of getting my item back they would, Yet in this response you claim “Yes, a Game Master can delete the reward you received and create a new one. For you, that would take less than 10 minutes.” As i understand it, Blizzard could easily take the less than 10 minutes to remedy the character i spent nearly 1,000 hours of gameplay and 15$/mo on, but they choose not to, and I’m not willing to renew my subscription if that’s the case.

1 Like

Bit drastic over a mistake you made, but okay - good luck to you!

Just because you pay doesn’t mean Blizzard should be held responsible over mistakes players make.

7 Likes

To encourage feedback getting to the right place I’m going to close this thread. Thanks, all!

5 Likes