Wrong ilvl rewards from World Quests

With my item level at 173, world quests were showing 158 rewards. Now that I’m at 176, I’m seeing rewards at 171. It seems to me that Renown 10 does indeed increase the cap on world quest rewards, but what’s on offer is still tied to your current item level.

EDIT: Same world quest as the druid above me is talking about. I just watched the item level on offer change from 171 to 158 as I flew out of Oribos. Did the quest, got 158. Something is definitely broken.

ANOTHER EDIT: Now I’ve noticed a quest reward changing completely after leaving a dungeon. While inside, it showed a 158 conduit. After leaving the dungeon, it showed a whopping 35 anima instead.

2 Likes

Just to add more to this. When I look on the WoW app it shows I have a mission table quest that will reward a 155 mace for completing it. In the game when I complete it I get a 148 mace.

It’s the next morning for me and now the rewards are all showing as 171 regardless of where I am. I’ve been out to do a couple of them and received a 171 reward, as advertised.

I’m currently item level 169 equipped, 172 counting items in bags, and I’ve seen the ilvl of WQ rewards change seemingly at random several times while moving around the world. A WQ might show an ilvl 171 reward one moment, then I’ll travel somewhere and it’ll change to ilvl 158, then later it will change back to 171. This has happened several times with different WQs.

Today, a WQ named “Spriggan Size Me!” was showing a conduit reward before I travelled from Oribos to Ardenweald, but the WQ only gave me gold and reputation upon completion.

I never saw anything like this before Shadowlands.

This is a bug, it’s been happening for ages and blizzard refuse to fix it. The fix they put out last week didnt work. Right now, there is a ring reward in ravendreth, all my toons see the correct reward 161ivl for 2 of them and the last 158. When they get to the WQ it reverts to a 151ilvl and 148 ilvl.

Can blizzard hurry up and fix this crap! I am so sick of missing out on gear because they can’t fix their stupid scaling system.

1 Like