Wrathion’s Next Warning

Remember Xal’atash is running around free because of us.

1 Like

Honestly I would’ve been fine if the only time we saw “angry insane deathwing” was the Madness of Deathwing fight. Where it can be implied that N’zoth has fully taken over. It is a shame that blizzard tried to return Deathwing to his Knaak characterization by making him admit that he willingly joined the old gods because they promised him that they would remove his “curse” if he helped them (see charge of the aspects short story). Only to basically ruin that in the very expansion that short story was released under.

Deathwing was robbed in Cata. I can’t imagine how he felt having the power over earth, but whenever the planet got hurt, so did he. It definitely would make the temptation to be rid of that pain all the more sweeter to his ears. And it would make his death in End Time all the more tragic seeing as N’zoth basically just killed him once he was no longer useful. N’zoth did keep his promise, he did remove the “curse” but he never said how he would do that.

Was the Shadowlands a threat to Azeroth? Aside from Sylvanas tricking Saurfang into aiding her so she can genocide the Night Elves, throw the Horde & Alliance into a full out war, and aid Azshara in releasing N’Zoth we haven’t seen much by the way of issues from the Shadowlands.

This really feels like she is repeating the stunt that got Rastakhan killed where she pissed off a bunch of people then ran to Zandalar and waited behind Rastakhan for the eventual retribution strike to hit him, only this time she has run to the Jailor luring both the Alliance & Horde down on top of him.

This is not to say the Shadowlands aren’t stuffed with issues, they are, but really we came into this just to punch Sylvanas’ ticket. The rest of it feels like we got there and found ourselves surrounded by idiots.

I honestly don’t think this was his fault. He even tried to warn Taylor.

1 Like

syr i beg you to transmog your gear unless you really like that outfit

3 Likes

He technically didn’t cause it, but I’d still fault him because, instead of helping or even directly warning Taylor, he acted coy with double talk, and gave Taylor every reason to distrust anything helpful he did say (which was all vague anyway). Later he bribed away some of Taylor’s best soldiers and escaped, leaving him vulnerable before the attack.

Dragon Isles perhaps.

1 Like

I am waiting till I get gear I am going to keep.

1 Like

The Void Lords maybe. The antithesis to the Titans? Ask Locus Walker.

1 Like

You know, Blizzard could really stand to borrow one of the finest monologues of a game villain… when you face the immortal lich Palawa Joko, who has ground Elona under his bony heel and built a cult of himself with fanatic worshippers both living and dead. When you finally confront him, he has this to say, and it was one of the best ingame recognitions of how destructive MMORPG players are canonically:

“The rumors of my immortality are drastically…understated. Oh, Commander, you look so disappointed. So impotent. I feel for you, I really do. But let’s be honest: you knew, in your heart. Fear not, the world will not forget you. The scars you’ve gouged into it spell out your name for all to see. I confess, I was happy to take credit for your “victories.” But did you ever stop to wonder what that says about you? That so many bought what I was selling? They call me a monster and you a hero. The world expects Palawa Joko to dare to throw reality into chaos. But surely no mortal would be so monumentally STUPID as to destroy a dragon, the life force of this world. Let alone two. And a god to boot? Perhaps they will finally thank me for luring you to me…So that I. May save the world. From you. Once you’re gone, everyone will flock to my embrace.”

I really feel that Wrathion or someone similar OUGHT to deliver a similarly meta-aware rant at us.

1 Like

the black empire guys. Xalatath