Wrathion’s Next Warning

At the end of 8.3/BFA, Wrathion states that there is but one more threat that Azeroth still faces. Is he referring to Shadowlands (I assume not), or something else entirely different that we will see in 1-2 expansions down the road? What could it be?

(Speculative): Us.

6 Likes

I see. So wrathion will be the final boss. I wonder what he will drop

1 Like

Whatever scared the dragon flights away from the Dragon Isles.

13 Likes

He could be talking about that giant sword still sticking out of the planet.

16 Likes

Thinking about planetary threats, there’s a few one can think of: First, the Burning Legion which is assumingly dealt with. Second is the Old Gods, again, seemingly all good. Thirdly, Sargeras’ sword which is extremely concerning but is treated as if it’s completely fine at the moment. It’s possible he’s speaking of the sword, but I don’t know.

Fourthly, might be the Light. Though I don’t really know in which way the Light has direct access to Azeroth in the same way the Old Gods did for the void.

1 Like

I think he means Sylvanas. It’s obvious she wouldn’t do all the harm she already has without trying to follow through to finish some sort of goal.

1 Like

I like the light idea.

Honestly, I do think it’s something we don’t know a ton about yet. I don’t think it’s related to Slyvanas

1 Like

I have no doubt in the future we’ll see a Dragon focused expansion where the flights regain their power.

Wrathion will likely be the catalyst for that storyline.

2 Likes

I’d love that. Dragons are one of my favorite aspects of wow. (see what I did there)

6 Likes

It would be neat if it was us and we do a raid where we are the bosses vs swarms of players. They already did a short version of that when we were Illidan.

The threat is a power untouched by time, unmoved by fate. No force on this world or beyond harbors the strength to bend their knee… not even the mighty Legion

1 Like

A cape, obviously.

10 Likes

Nordrassil.

Every World Tree must burn.

1 Like

I do like the idea of having another Dragon Expansion. Hopefully with a more engaging villain than Deathwing.

It always bummed me out that Deathwing was a schemer in addition to being a gigantic dragon in the old Knaak novels, but Cataclysm had him as a mindless rage machine. It’s even worse cuz Chronicles added more instances of him being a schemer and clarified that he was driven almost to insanity in the off-screen lead up to cataclysm.

6 Likes

He can’t really help it. The Old Gods drove him insane.

1 Like

That always seemed like a retroactive explanation for why he was completely different in Cataclysm than he was in the novels.

1 Like

(Clarification): I meant more that the Horde and Alliance are the final threat Azeroth faces. When you get right down to it, our wars do as much harm to the planet, if not more, than most other threats we end up facing. Not that it couldn’t end up with us taking down Wrathion, I suppose.

It could be something in the future, but it’s probably just Sylvanas.

Remember:
Wrathion was introduced with the Black Dragonflight as the biggest threat and sent you to kill his family.
Then he talked about how the Burning Legion was the biggest threat while escalating the faction war.
Then he caused WoD.
Mod-WoD he got Admiral Taylor killed indirectly by the Scourge(?).
Then he laid low.
Then he showed up surprised no one trusted him and said the Old Gods were the biggest threat.

I hope so. I’d love for an expansion where the champions/adventurers were chased out of their respected factions and hunted by Azeroth’s other heroes.

1 Like