Wrath of the Lich King Classic Hotfixes - Updated January 9

Hopped into queue at 3:20pm CST, and still have over an hour estimated wait time. I’m not asking for much, just the ability to play the game on the server that I’ve built friendships and made connections on. Working a 7-4 job literally means you don’t get to play during the week. It also means if you want to play on the weekends, you need to wake up early to beat the queues, and guess what, you also can’t log out throughout the day unless you are done playing until tomorrow, or want to sit in a 4 hour queue to get back in. This has been my experience in pre-patch so far.

I get the free transfer sentiment, I really do. Heck, I free transferred my characters off of Rattlegore, a dead alliance server, before it was phased out. But now I’m being asked to do the reverse, and go back to low pop server that will die out after launch because we can’t spin up a few more layers to deal with population spikes?

We are in 2022, dang near 2023, and we are still dealing with 4 and 5 hour queue times on expac launches?

At least address that you are actually looking into fixes for this.

2 Likes

would be nice to be able to play the game

Fix our servers! Grobbulus’ population didn’t double the day of prepatch! FIX OUR SERVERS!!! gives us a real solution!

2 Likes

Still waiting for that dungeon finder patch.

2 Likes

Please change the stupid knockdown ability in old world dungeons. It is not fair to normal players and only empowers bots that have unlimited time.

Here are today’s hotfixes for Wrath Classic:

SEPTEMBER 9, 2022

Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• Whirlwind animations, such as the Warrior’s Whirlwind and a Rogue’s Fan of Knives, will now appear while moving (was only while standing still).
  • Druid
    • Track Humanoids will no longer activate when shapeshifting into Cat Form if Find Minerals, Find Fish, or Find Herbs is already active.
  • Rogue
    • Fixed an issue where Overkill would be applied and immediately removed on rogues who did not know that talent.
  • True to their vocation, Argent Outfitters will now exchange Necrotic Runes for armor and other items in Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, and Silvermoon City. They will make their way to the Undercity once enough Scourge have been defeated across Azeroth.
  • During the quest “City of Light,” Khadgar’s Servant will now continue giving its tour even if the player is not nearby.
  • Zombies are no longer unstoppable by benefitting from Preparation at the start of battlegrounds. Alterac Valley weekend is saved!
  • Gathering nodes will now have a sparkling visual effect when being tracked.
  • Fixed an issue where Group Finder activity level ranges were not correct. They should now more closely match the levels of the Meeting Stones for those dungeons.
  • Players can now list and browse the Group Finder for dungeons that are below their level.
  • Latency and other performance information is now visible in the tooltip of the Game Menu button.
  • Players can now report character friends.
3 Likes

AV bonuses are not working right now… so AV weekend is ruined unless you save it.

2 Likes

Server probably needs restarted for it to take effect.

I edited it for clarity

1 Like

Even better.

Much bigger issue is the utter lack of bonus honor. AV weekend when?

2 Likes

Did they fix honor?

1 Like

And I finally maxed out Classic Herbalism on two characters yesterday without this.
deeeeaddd
Least TBC and Wrath will be easier to do!

Why?

Why did we lose the highest level of the dungeon for this? Not only can we not be summoned we murder the exp of anyone in the group if the mobs are grey.

This one is also weird, Maraudon needs level 40 to queue for in the LFG tool and Zul Farrak needs 42, ZF’s gear requires 45 from the final boss and Mara’s requires 49 from the final boss.

2 Likes

Clearly not fixed. Only up in SW still. Also can’t turn in ‘Chamber of Secrets’ Quest in any horde city.

Good thing Blizzard can’t figure out how to faction balance servers and I can just walk into SW for this.

2 Likes

dump lfg, its a hot mess and pure garbage. give us back our RDF. the current community doesnt contain the tools to be social, those who truly want to be do it in world chat while finding a guild.

3 Likes

Hotfixes? More like NOTfixes…

Horde still cannot get anything from the Argent Outfitters… oh except the ones in alliance cities… so it’s fine right???

Can you actually fix this BEFORE the event is over???

3 Likes

Just circling back on maybe just even letting us know that you’re aware that the AV honor bug is even a problem, thanks, have a wonderful Saturday (:

Thanks for the bug fixes. What are the rough projections on the plethora of other game play bugs? Just knowing they’re being addressed will be very pleasing to me.

Weird, AV instances now cause you to disconnect and not be able to log back into that character lol

1 Like