Wrath of the Lich King Classic Hotfixes - Updated March 12

I’m gonna need some announcements for these then, cause the only one I can find is that 10 player UBRS is no longer in the RDF rotation (how on earth they snuck that in there in the first place, who the hell knows).

1 Like

October 25, 2023

Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• Adjusted the logic controlling the levels at which player-characters are allowed to queue for dungeons in the Random Dungeon Finder so that it is closer to the range displayed, which was also adjusted. Now, all classic dungeons should allow a range of roughly 8 levels: from 3 levels below the level of the final boss to 5 levels above. Burning Crusade dungeons should now allow a range of 3 levels below the end boss to 3 or 4 levels above it, and Wrath dungeons allow a range that starts at 3 levels below the end boss.
    • Developers’ notes: The most noticeable effect here is that the minimum level allowed for some dungeons has gone up slightly. This is intended to address situations that arise for players whose level was significantly lower than the rest of the group.
  • Fixed a bug that could prevent Masked Orphan Matrons from starting the Headless Horseman’s fire events in various towns.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Talon King Ikiss in Sethekk Halls to not grant completion credit for the dungeon in Random Dungeon Finder.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Death Knights’ tier 10 Sanctified Scourgelord 4-piece damage bonus from working properly.
  • The “Sinister Calling” step has been removed from the “Hallowed Be Thy Name” achievement.
    • Developers’ notes: We’ve been working on a permanent fix for the underlying issue here, but we want to alleviate the immediate concern for players with Hallow’s End already underway.
6 Likes

Something broke on yesterdays patch and now macros related to chat and some addons are not working, it freezes the screen and continues the game 1 sec after, if you spam the key the game freezes completely

Thanks so much for addressing and listening to feedback so quickly on the RDF issues. <3

can we do sometrhing about the bots in arenas…

November 9, 2023

Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• 310% mounts now correctly fly at 310% speed in Outland.

zug indeed

y’all really gave up on Wrath, huh? Unpinning the hotfix thread is wild. 3 months of nada in a game where the final boss is missing graphics for his abilities.

1 Like

After several months of no updates (not counting the mount they put in then took back out), they quietly unpin the thread. It goes to show you how they’ve totally abandoned this game at this point.

Here’s an unnecessary response to an unnecessary response, and I’ll leave it in this time, just for you.

Imagine rereleasing an old expansion and the quality is considerably lower than the original and the publisher does not even bother. SOD is their “classic” focus for a while now and the classic team was small to begin with. There was little to no chance current wotlk issues would be addressed before cataclysm. They were done with the expansion after they released 3.3.0 content and band-aided only few of the many newly implemented issues.

1 Like

Not surprising honestly, they’re slowly making the transision to the Cataclysm forums.

Which boss are you talking about? Halion or LK? Because either is fine as far as I can tell.

That mount was for Retail, Classic got a pet.

Because Classic is a copy paste with little change while SoD is actually different, the changes made might not be much but it’s much more than any of the changes we’ve recieved in Classic progression servers so far. I’d say the closest thing we’ve got are the Titan Rune Dungeons.

1 Like

LK has no graphic for Remorseless Winter. It’s supposed to be a blinding blizzard. An iconic ability imo.

Sindragosa also still hasn’t re-gained her lost tail swipe.

Anyone home? Unpinning the hotfix thread is still wild. Could they say any more clearly how little they care about this game and its remaining players?

1 Like

Thats because WoTLK has run it’s course and doesn’t need anymore hotfixes unless players have reported something. Blizzard would rather just allow the game to sit till the reboot of Cata. then announce any hotfixes during the merger.

1 Like

My brother in Christ, I have to tell you, and I know this may shock you, but… players have not stopped reporting issues with the game.

1 Like

My comment still stands and Blizzard will not do anything to WoTLK with Cata’s reboot being this close. They might do or announce something a few days before Cata… just so they have everything in order before cata drops.

1 Like

Wrath is over. No more big hotfixes. Cata is there goal now.
Not that hard honestly

1 Like

Was hoping this being on top was them actually putting vday boss on rdf.

3 Likes

Nope they literally gave up on WotLK sorry