Wrath of the Lich King Classic: Flying in Northrend

I already suggested they open fresh at the current TBC patch and then move them to Wrath like everyone else…you know, to please their customers.

Big Nope.

1 Like

Will reputation with Org and SW also give these discounts? Or will it only be the TBC starter strongholds?

Announce fresh servers please!

3 Likes

The part you quoted maybe, but try this:

Which is completely accurate.

They already have. They just aren’t active yet.

Probably during the prepatch event to give people time to level to 70 before Wrath fully launches.

Announcing something to occur in 2-6 weeks is not announcing anything beneficial to anyone playing. Stop pretending ambiguous communication is good communication.

What’s ambiguous?

Fresh servers?

They won’t be active until pre-patch. Why would they launch them any earlier? That defeats the purpose of a fresh server.

Timelines, state of the beta TO BETA TESTERS, any useful info besides “Sorry we ruined the end of your arena season”.

Giving people information they can use to appropriately plan with…you know, like a real company.

Server names that difficult to release? I don’t know who knighted you, but you aren’t getting any land.

1 Like

It didn’t exist until ICC was released. Play the original Wrath experience : )

3 Likes

… I’m going to need to buy a vowel, Pat.

I can’t make sense of any of that word salad.

Edit: If you’re talking about the Fresh servers here, this information doesn’t do anything for you.

You actually need a SERVER NAME to “plan ahead”? Geez…

It should be pretty clear… prepatch will launch Aug. 29

Just give me a prepatch date and time I need to know when to plan my vacation I’m begging here.

3 Likes

Trolling in your suit of armor I see.

2 Likes

when is prepatch?

2 Likes

I do not understand why they have given us every possible quality of life added during wrath except the one that lets me run dungeon content with ease. I cannot believe that thousands and thousands of posts every day since the announcement of us wanting RFD has fallen on deaf ears once again.

Some old Blizzard. Same old ignoring overwhelming feedback.

10 Likes

I reread the blue post on the fresh servers, and they are launching when the prepatch comes out.

New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic - WoW Classic / Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Right at the top of the thread, first paragraph of the blue post.

Also, depending on your reputation with Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde) in Hellfire Peninsula , there may be deeper discounts through Hargen Bronzewing in Honor Hold or Wind Rider Jahubo in Thrallmar.

This is inconsistent with original Wrath post patch 3.2.2 where the reputations associated with the training discounts were changed to be Stormwind and Orgrimmar reputations respectively, rather than Honor Hold and Thrallmar.

This was a change that was not documented in original patch notes and explained in a blue post by Mumper on Sept. 26, 2009 in the forum topic 20136595097 (I can’t post links in this reply) but here are the contents of the reply:

You guys are correct, we reduced the expert riding skill price in 3.2.2 to 225g. We also changed the faction discounts for the riding skill vendors in Honor Hold and Thrallmar to use Stormwind and Orgrimmar faction.

There are a couple reasons we made this change. First off, we wanted expert riding to be available to more people at level 60. 600g just did not seem like a reasonable expectation for most level 60 players to have when they roll into Hellfire Peninsula. Especially after purchasing your level 60 skills. The second change, regarding the factions just made a lot more sense this way since you will not have any Thrallmar or Honor Hold faction when you enter Hellfire.

Finally, I want to apologize for this change not making the patch notes. We strive to get every change we make into the notes but this one somehow slipped by. Once again, my apologies on that, but hopefully the lower price will help make up for it. :wink:

For the record, the behavior on beta matches the post-patch 3.2.2 behavior where Stormwind and Orgrimmar reputations are used to determine the discount, but this article’s description seems incorrect.

4 Likes

We want LFD/RDF! :cherries:

9 Likes

I’m alright with LFD at the time it came though, with the ICC patch in 3.3, release it then.

You can’t really use the patch in that way, since we’re starting on 3.3.5.

4 Likes

Of course I can. We’re starting on 3.4 so shut your mouth if you don’t know what you’re talking about. All of you LFD trolls are the same.