Wrath Classic: Surviving the Zombie Infestation and Scourge Invasion

Please implement the Classic Era’s Scourge Invasion to be a recurring event in the Classic Era realms!

6 Likes

Classic Era is ----> for you classic andys who don’t want LFD.

This is wrath. Give us wrath features.

28 Likes

This is wrath classic without RDF. Feel free to unsub. This is a post about the scourge invasion event. Go troll somewhere else.

8 Likes

No we don’t don’t bring back auto kick

You can still be kicked from a group created via LFG tool? :upside_down_face: :thinking:

At least pick an argument that holds a chance.

4 Likes

We arent going away, we are going to get louder the longer this continues. Feel free to place us on ignore but we will not be silenced.

32 Likes

Here here!

Why should we not speak up for something we feel passionately about and think Blizzard is making a mistake?

16 Likes

I wish we could get the guitar weapon and the pet from a quest instead of the boss.

It is not anymore, now it is an add RDF thread.

22 Likes

You are THE ONLY one crying.

9 Likes

How am I crying exactly? I’m not trolling a thread that has nothing to do with RDF. No one cares that you want RDF, you can post it in the countless other useless threads that will be rightfully ignored

4 Likes

Do you see how the OP has one like but the first comment to add RDF has 15? This is a thread about adding RDF, the title just has not been changed yet.

11 Likes

You say the EXACT same thing to anyone who brings up RDF bro. You are the one crying and telling others that they should not speak their mind.

So, should we sit down and shut up?

“We think we do, but we don’t”?

Got it.

Moving on from interacting with Daxje

15 Likes

I’m not gonna presume I speak on behalf of anybody, but I for one am against RDF because I don’t want convenience tools implemented for the sake of convenience.

The idea of Classic that was appealing was the challenge and lack thereof convenience tools implemented at the time. To represent a level of accomplishment in everyone’s character progression. Yes it’s inconvenient to go through a grind of levels without being teleported from A to B. Yes it’s inconvenient to manually form a group. But to go through the process of accomplishing all that and to still persevere is a feeling that is so much more validating than the game being played for me. Along with others diminishing accomplishments in that same light taking the easy route.

“You can still do it and not use the tool” then players taking the easy route are still going to diminish what it means to have leveled to level cap taking the harder road. Getting to level cap will essentially mean nothing anymore, when it used to mean something i.e. the classic era.

To go the route of convenience is to essentially take the route of insanity. The majority of players that play Classic admit that Retail went wrong one way or another to drive the audience of Classic players to want to play Classic. And you have to ask yourself where did it begin to go wrong?

A lot of people, including myself, think it went wrong starting with RDF. Preserve what it means to work for level cap, and grinding dungeons. Use the LFG Tool that they’re implementing instead which is a pretty perfect compromise to forming a group easily. You will not have to spam a global chat or yell constantly to form. Therefore you can be questing with a post up on advertising to form a group, and then once the group is formed after accepting invitations you can run to the dungeon.

I’m genuinely beside myself that people are so opposed to this adjustment as this truly does help preserve a bit of what makes Classic feel like Classic. To me it comes across as Retail players have become so accustomed to having the game more or less automated in this fashion that they cannot be asked to play her game with a little more inconvenience. When things aren’t exactly handed to you in a game and it takes a little more time to accomplish something, it makes said accomplishment feel more triumphant or validating. When you diminish the effort it takes to achieve an accomplishment. Then you’re taking away the rewarding feelings of accomplishing something. Not just for the individual, but for everyone in the community. Cause if Billy gets level cap or gets xyz loot because they farmed a dungeon. Then seeing someone with that level cap or that loot feels less than cause it’s easily achieved otherwise.

Gatekept is a huge stretch given all you’re being asked to do is quite literally run to the dungeon. How in any shape or form is that gatekeeping? This is a misconstrued usage of the word gatekeeping. Being teleported to the dungeon or not being teleported to the dungeon is a convenience y’all are asking for. Nothing more nothing less.

13 Likes

Yes please do move on from spamming useless RDF drivel in a post about the scourge invasion. Thank you

5 Likes

One way to survive the zombies is to use the RDF tool made by blizzard entertainment in original wrath of the lich king to go to a dungeon and avoid being griefed by other players!

15 Likes

Cool it’ll be fun, ok now add rdf.

11 Likes

RDF copium huffers

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for your serious response to RFD. What is the difference between RFD and queing for BG’s to level in a city in your mind?

1 Like

what i dont understand is why youre against something that YOU DONT HAVE TO USE though others find it extremely useful. you play how you want to play, why not let other paying players have a tool they feel they enjoy? and maybe your view of the game is because you need to feel rewarded for accomplishments where others cheer it and move on. and if you base your feeling of rewards on a video game, you have bigger issues than rdf or no rdf. and how would my being able to use dungeon finder instead of dealing with insulting toxic players cutting me out of dungeons because my gear score is 2 points less than THEY want me to have, or cutting me out because they would prefer a shammy vs a paladin healer, affect the sense of accomplishment for the entire community?

6 Likes