Wrath BGs... is Wrath Dead?

Did you say what level you were at? Is this for level 80 BGs?

I find that for leveling BGs, there seems to be more activity during Joyous Journeys than when the XP buff isn’t active.

It’s 80’s bgs.

I have friends currently leveling and do tell me that lower level bgs are pop’n cuz of JJ buff.

1 Like

Sadly true, tho this is why Cata was hyped in late wrath as a return to TBC style PvE, because wrath content is so flipping mindless that everyone did it, got burned out and started quitting

Phase1 cata (for the lack of better terms) did deliver on the TBC PvE experience as they had promised, but the only things wrong with Cata at that point was that point was the “world” even after all the “phasing” still had all the stupid stuff like the storm thing in Westfall, and other dumb stuff on fire… After doing the quests the player should see a more familiar but slightly changed world.

The second thing wrong were the talent trees locked you in for 31 points and then limited you to 10 points that you could spend in a vanilla way. In reality there was no choice, Cata trees could have been good if you were able to build as you desired. Also the Cata trees had less total points to spennd than Vanilla, this was just bad.

Good to know, how much XP is a win?

Cata had terrible quest design where it seemed like every writer at blizzard with talent left and all they could do was make dated pop culture references. That said the dungeon finder, pve experience and more features like transmog probably make it a better experience than wrath. The scuffed and boring open world doesn’t matter really, it’s already pretty useless in wrath.

Friend said like a 3rd of a level.

I would love to finish my mage (currently lv73). I just have no desire to play wrath except for the bg or two on my priest.

The world content does not need to be bad tho, and yes the writing in Warcraft is overall trash most of the time; even Arthas story is trash when compared to good story telling.

The biggest asset Blizzards World of WarCraft actually has are 2 things; half way decent net code that allows the player to feel connected to the game world better than most games, and Second a world with no loading screens

1 Like

Arthas has a very simple tragic heroes story arch. A time tested method that hits the emotions. The reason it’s blizzards best story is because they just stuck to the basics. Most of the time they try and do complicated stuff and they don’t have the talent for it

1 Like

Yup, hell id say most of the super basic quests in Vanilla are more compelling than the Arthas story.

Tragically stupid perhaps, Arthas went full potato with stratholme. What good is culling a population for the ‘greater good’ because leaving them alone risks being rezed as undead WHEN THEY STILL GOT REZZED AS UNDEAD ANYWAYS?

Sure… but the moment you hit 80 you just created weeks, if not months, of work and grinding for yourself before you can even dream of competing in PvP. This includes PvE/Raiding, etc. Not everybody loves to raid in order to pvp.

At 79 you get your 6piece Frostsavage/2piece brutal and Skoll dagger and you’re good to go for the rest of the expansion. No more rat race. No more eternal pve and raid farming. I also firmly believe Disc shines in the 79 bracket whereas Hpala is king of the level 80 healers.

To each his own, but I’m planning on staying at 79 until Cata drops.

Strat is a great story beat. Arthas can’t leave let them leave or the plague spreads, he can’t leave them alone or they’ll turn into zombies and culling the city causes all his confidants to abandon him and leaves him vulnerable to manipulation. It’s a great setup

1 Like

It’s incredibly stupid. He accomplished nothing by killing them besides his own damnation. No good came of it. The town still got turned into zombies.

Having the best pvp gear gated behind arenas a mode most people don’t find enjoyable isn’t a great system either. Battleground taking a backseat to death match garbage was a terrible mistake

3 Likes

I might try to push my mage and gear for 79 bgs. Do they pop alot?

1 Like

I think Mages are strong in the 79 bracket with the right setup. Im working on leveling a 79 Mage twink myself. I have noticed, however, that most Mages in this bracket seem to go Fire rather than Frost.

There’s a Discord server i recommend called “79 Twinks” which has sections for each class and advice for specs and gear setups. I highly suggest that resource.

79 BGs pop every 2 minutes usually in my experience.

I usually like building my own. In classic I went PoM/Frost with t2 and I never saw anyone else play that spec. I enjoyed the hell out of it because of all the FAP’n andies.

But, I can see a fire spec being good with instants galore. lol

3 Likes

I use to fully subscribe to gear rating as it is in wrath, but frankly the bar needs to be lowered so that some
effort is required but also that average players can indeed fully gear in BiS PvP loot.

Titles and cosmetic rewards and titles should be the reason to push rating; not gear.

1 Like

Elemental frost / fire with 8/8 T2 was also glorious

Arena should be all cosmetics, titles, tabards and mounts. Gear should be from battlegrounds.