Wrath Beta

TBC was riddled with bugs, and some persisted even in the final patch. It’s just they had far more time to fix them.

I’m still waiting too.

The amount of bugs in Classic is way way way way worse man, and they have not even fixed half.

No, you just don’t remember it or never played it. There were a huge amount of bugs and every major patch introduced more.

I played all the versions this game has had to offer excluding dragon isle that has not shipped.

Classic team gave us a nice “private server” at best, but really the quality is no where near as good as “Retail” team’s products ever were.

Having bugs doesn’t mean it’s bad. It just means it has bugs.

Vanilla was rife with them and it was awesome.

So I was about to respond to this thread and thought it just check the launcher. Looks like a new wave just went out some time in the last 5 or 6 hours, and I got in. OP check your bnet!

in 2022 with the tech level they have now, this is inexcusable.

im still waiting and i haven’t gotten anything :frowning:

Having more technology doesn’t mean there won’t be bugs.

1 Like

There are bugs in current TBC that ive reported on the TBC beta, but better get all those streamers, content creators and people who dont play the game into the beta! Blizzard dont care about fixing bugs, they literally left Orc Shaman cleansing totem dispelling 2 poisons at once in the game for a full whole PvP season.

1 Like

The only thing inexcusable is not understanding, in 2022, that tech has bugs :wink:

1 Like

oh I totally forgot about this. Just checked, I have it. Downloading now, thanks!

so you can be presented with a product of the quality that someone of your refined taste deserves.

While that’s true; its the insane number of bugs due to the rush job that is “Classic”.

Because they’re rushing things the quality is poor.

Personally I’d prefer a new game over a re-release of an old one… I’m out here hoping that this new retail xpac is an eminence front for something better.

2 Likes

hey!!! Not cool :frowning:

Yeah I just don’t agree at all. It’s much smoother than original WoW was.

I wasn’t a big fan of the release schedule in vanilla classic…

And it was frustrating to see a better release schedule implemented in SoM; because I had already entirely burnt out any interest I had in playing vanilla content by that point.

I don’t think they did right by the players who had asked for it, and I think they did that intentionally. I’m positive y’all remember the hype going on back then about Blizzard basically not wanting to release classic game clients because it represented “a step backwards,” in terms of the development of their game.

Which is absolutely understandable when you view it from the other side of the fence. Continual development on WoW represents the livelihoods and financial security of everyone who’s employed working on the project; and I get that.

All I’m going to assert is that there was a reason why player preferences shifted toward desiring older versions of the game. I think there were viewpoints many people expressed to that effect in reference to recent developments to modern day WoW that were basically ignored, which effectively alienated a substantial fraction of the playerbase who were, more or less, displaced by people who found the game in its latter stages – far past the point at which many of us, the classic enthusiasts, had begun falling off the bandwagon.

Now we’ve entered this strange future where the classic playerbase is basically being abused by the need for frequent micro-transactions in order to keep up with an ever evolving social landscape, the proceeds of which all seem to be going towards funding the ongoing development of a game who’s content and features we don’t necessarily support…

I played the heck out of BFA. Especially in the early content phases. I thought it was a really great expansion. I did purchase and briefly play Shadowlands and I’m willing to admit that it had merit, even if it doesn’t represent the best possible future for the franchise in my opinion.

I guess what I’m out here wishing is for some manner of announcement which would put my mind to ease in knowing that something better is at least planned for the Warcraft franchise somewhere in the distant future. Because I am tired of re-hashing old content – but I’m also tired of the ongoing development of a game that doesn’t feel like “Warcraft” even belongs in its’ title anymore…

The new dragon expansion looks like it’s got some interesting improvements over where we’ve been, man. Even Shadowlands had some very neat spell effects that I could see being employed in a wide variety of different ways. You know? Like, all of that development still benefits Warcraft; it just isn’t being employed toward Warcraft purposes.

As an outsider, it’s difficult to maintain faith in Blizzard at this point, man. :person_shrugging:

You gotta give us something genuine to believe in, even if it’s years out from completion.

Got my invite today. Just gotta be lucky, really.