Wows flight systems

I’m an older gamer. I am having a hard time with Dynamic Flight mostly because of the vigor system. I was doing a quest last night where I had to turn it into the NPC and it turns out it’s a bug because the NPC is not there. The vigor just kept running out and was useless. So my question to the devs is why do you keep messing with flight in this game? I will never forget when you decided to take it away because people weren’t exploring on the ground anymore. Why can’t we have a choice of system to use without grinding some pathfinder? Games should be fun for everyone. I was thinking of buying war within but I’m just not sure anymore. Why can’t you leave the flight alone? I would really like to know this.

Have you collected all of the glyphs? Once you have all the glyphs collected dynamic flight is MUCH easier. Between the extra vigor (up to 6) and the extra abilities that let you regenerate vigor faster or on demand, it makes a huge difference. If you haven’t collected the glyphs yet, start there. It’s frustratingly slow with only 4 vigor to start with. And glyph collection is account wide, so you only have to collect them once (and remember to assign skill points on all alts).

1 Like

This is very true. :+1:

I will go further: I will say that until you get almost all of your glyphs, dragonriding is pretty much useless. It certainly isn’t a way to fly. At best, it’s useful for hopping up to a high point, and maybe hopping over some mobe you would prefer to avoid.

You may still hate it, even with all glyphs. Some do. I don’t think that’s related to age, though. speaking as someone who is probably older than you :stuck_out_tongue: Younger people have complained that it makes them nauseous, or otherwise find it uncomfortable.

But don’t judge it until you have all your glyphs!

You can earn regular flying with Pathfinder, but you have Dragonriding now, so at least fill in your glyphs and try it; you may find you like it more than regular flying when you’ve got it working properly.

Here is a Wowhead guide to finding the glyphs:

and you can also search YouTube for “Dragonflying glyphs”

A couple of them are awkward to get to, but most are easy enough.

You can also tag along, riding behind another player to get them is you give up on that hardest one or two.

Thank you guys for trying to help. I still would love to hear from the devs as to why they keep messing with flight.

1 Like

This is the first time they’ve done anything with flight outside of making 310% flying more accessible, and that was in WotLK, 15 years ago.

With the exception of Cata, every expansion has required getting to max level and either paying a gold sink to be able to fly (BC/WotLK/MoP) that was generally purchased from the last zone you get to, or a pathfinder achievement, which you can typically get pretty easily leveling up by questing. Even Cata required an additional purchase of “Old World Flying.”

It takes getting used to, and practice. I don’t think I’ll ever get gold on a reverse advanced race, but I can get gold on the regular races easily enough. The races really helped me to get used to the system. Now I’m glad I can use it everywhere. The old style flight just seems so slow now.

The devs don’t really come to this forum, so your best bet is putting in a ticket and see if you get a response.

It’s the vigor system that kills me. I have only four globes and have this quest to get to a high area and no matter what I do I keep falling to the ground. I can’t keep doing this as it really is frustrating and killing the fun of the game for me.

When you have the glyphs, you will have 6 globes, and more importantly, you will have an ability that can allow you to regain Vigor in the air.

I would recommend going around the Isles and getting all the glyphs now, but if that is not practical, which quest is it? As far as I recall, no levelling quest requires dragonriding at all - except for the dragonriding lessons, ofc.

It is a quest called Agapanthus Daycare Meet in Little Scales Daycare in Valdraken

I am so sorry. I read your reply, made a mental note to check it out, then forgot.

I don’t see why you need flying for Agapanthus Daycare? You just have to go to Valdrakken and walk across the bridge to the Daycare?

Wow after I posted I went out to explore more and yes I found it what a huge beautiful city

1 Like

Hello, I just returned to the game after almost 5 years of not playing it, and was not even a good player before, never had a max level character till yesterday. So you guess that I also have a hard time with the new flight system but like everyone says, it really does get better. I don’t have all the glyphs yet, collected a few and it’s already much better, keep hunting them or use a guide for locations of each glyphs.

1 Like