Wowpedia has officially split from FANDOM

Spread the word.

8 Likes

Truly something to GG!

1 Like

I hope they get all of the icons loaded in on their database soon. I use them quite often.

1 Like

as long as it’s not being hosted by fextralife im happy.

2 Likes

the address warcraft.wiki is not indexed yet and I think it will take some time until you get it on search results

Yay! I love it!

:dracthyr_heart:

Bruh don’t you bring that evil into the world

1 Like

I’ve never heard of fextralife but Warcraft Wiki, is owned and created by Freedom Games, who are composed of people who dislike FANDOM. Furthermore one of the Warcraft wiki editors are apart of the ownership.

1 Like

I’m a bit behind on my wiki drama here, what is FANDOM and why are they a problem?

To explain

Its basically a useless wiki that tends to pop up a lot first for google searches with video games.

FANDOM ain’t great either with all its stupid ads but Fextralife is just cursed.

1 Like

Remember when Wowpedia originally spun off WoWWiki? So funny that they essentially re-merged after Wikia became Fandom, and now so again.

To quote and paraphrase from

“Fandom has gotten more and more aggressive with ad insertion, including places them into the middle of pages and also including ads in lists of recent or popular pages. Undesirable features such as Fandom Quizzes, have thus far been kept off of Wowpedia while they’re considered in beta, but will inevitably be forced upon us whether we want them or not - indeed, even while disabled we can see that browsers are still attempting to access them, contributing to the substantial load time issues that have been noted by a number of users. We have reported all of these issues, and more, and been met with either silence or outright refusals to address our complaints.”

After the majority of users voted to leave FANDOM, there was discussion about a name change and talk of hosting sites that was supposed to be end on the 16th. However “due to Fandom being petty and unreasonable about site notices for the move, the vote closed early on October 12th at 11am PDT.”

1 Like