Wowhead now has Classic Thottbot theme

“Sorry you can’t add links to your post”

grumble

Just go to wowhead

2 Likes

I used Allakazam back in the day. Only true classic players remember.

5 Likes

Try preceding the url with an underscore, like so:

_https://classic.wowhead.com/news=290177/thottbot-visual-theme-now-live-on-classic-wowhead-site

1 Like

I think you need something called Trust 3? There’s info on it on the General forums i think…? Also is it just me or does Wow head lag you like mad? It never did that when i used it in cata.

Wowhead lags like crazy. I have to turn on ad blocker.

Wowhead is so ad-intensive it uses more resources than bitcoin miners. I’d rather use pserver databases that do the exact same job of displaying item stats/sets/etc. since they don’t get more and more ads up and running.

Wowhead used to be alright until around the start of Legion, at which point they got every possible invasive ad in order to make the experience on their website as bad as possible.

7 Likes

Modern web design puts me in a foul mood. Also, you apparently need an account to see the Thottbot skin. Ouch.

Wowheas is not only super ad intrusive, it oftentimes has malware and viruses. You better have firefox and every protection possible before going there.

2 Likes

No one should ever visit wowhead without aggressive adblocking.

Ever.

Their ads are poorly serviced, poorly planned, and so poorly vetted that they are often actively malicious.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure susanexpress is safter to browse than wowhead, and you get an actual “classic” feel from susanexpress.

I remember Allakazam but I used Thottbot.

They actually had a bitcoin (or some kind of other cryptocurrency) miner on their site once. I don’t believe it was intentional on their part(some ad was being abused). But, it was pretty funny. Going on their site and seeing my CPU usage skyrocket.

That what you want?

Yeah, thanks.

Apparently you need to have an account to access the Thottbot theme. That’s lame.

1 Like

I never used Allakazam for Vanilla WoW but I did for Everquest Online Adventures on PS2. That site man, bringing back memories.

They mentioned they are working on copying over comments from Allakazam over to Wowhead classic.

It really is too bad about Wowhead’s continued nasty ad serving, because their Classic site is looking to be decent especially with the inclusion of the old Thottbott comments dating back to 2004.

I do run an adblocker (an aggressive one as suggested above) and I always close out the page as soon as I’m done with it.

And… Old news, btw

Are they charging $1.99 for the visuals like the premium to block the adware? Lol
What did everyone expect? Alakazam, thottbot, and wowhead were all owned/started by real money traders. IGE. Gee how do you get advertising to gamers? Oh yea make a site about the game. They are no longer in the in game currency business. Lol. Uh huh. I have bridges for sale if anyone is interested. Lol

Edit to add:Incoming streamer vids on how cool wowhead is and the thottbot theme. Lol.

Do you really need to add “lol” after every statement?

3 Likes