WoWCast: The War Within Story and World-Building

Honestly, you’re touching on something that might actually be true. There are incredibly simple things that could make many players happy and would consequently bring in a lot of money… and yet, often the exact opposite is done and obvious mistakes are made, leaving one scratching their head…

1 Like

Danuser and golden got let go

1 Like

The devs didn’t try to get rid of flying because they “only care about money”.

That stupid stunt in WoD cost them more subs - permanently - than anything else they’ve ever done.

1 Like

Over the years, I’ve had more than one accidental retcon in my pencil-and-paper campaign world that ended up spinning off whole adventures because my room full of invested players wouldn’t stop pulling on the loose threads.

2 Likes

Blizz you don’t need to sell crack to a crack addict! we’ll buy it! XD

2 Likes

Youd still want a couple lore nerds to settle debates and set consistancy.

You should just get one better than the current wow historian. Boy, the latest lore books were stinkers.

1 Like

You mean the Chonicles stuff?

1 Like

And the exploring _________ books

2 Likes

Super excited for launch.
Just 3 days until early access starts! :smiley:

4 Likes

Danuser left on his own because of one reason forced back into office

3 days until Early Access and 3 days left of dragon for those who do have early access.

They really really really really love Anduin.

Fixed that for you.

The tricky part of nuanced writing for two factions, is to make it seem like you’re the good guy, no matter which faction your playing.

That’s pretty hard when to accomplish when the writing team has your leaders do objectively bad things like Garrosh (might makes right, I will conquer everything and everyone) and Sylvanas (burn it, burn it all down… to every last man, woman, and child… maybe I’ll raise some against their dead-soul’s will). I mean comically black-and-white no nuance whatsoever. What can you do as a player, if you too think you’re leaders are bad from a story perspective and just from a plain IRL objective viewpoint?

Complain about the writers I guess. I feel Brewa’s distaste for the 1-dimenional treatment of Horde Leaders as bad guys, but I don’t think two wrongs make a right; putting the Alliance out of the story for the next 5 expansions wouldn’t likely happen anyway, but it’s not the right answer. They need to find rationalized story motivations for Horde leaders to do what they do, actions that could be perceived as good for the Horde without being objectively evil by any sane 3rd-party judge, that Horde players can identify with… nuance. I would imagine that’s incredibly difficult and finding talented writers with that skill set is non-trivial.