WoWCast: The War Within Story and World-Building

We might see something for the Horde, at least regarding Blood Elves.

The whole Silvermoon revamp thing that’s a rumor.

Also, Orgrimmar revamp where they’re adding a harbor, is supposedly in the works during one of these three expansions. (Zeppelin towers don’t even work anymore.)

There’s Horde stuff coming, I just don’t know how story-heavy it’ll be.

1 Like

Help me out here. What would a horde centric x-pack look like now and how exactly would they be any different?

Horde Council: Oh no, there is a world ending threat, we should probably stop it. Maybe the alliance will help us.

1 Like

Midnight will be all about Lor’themar handing Silvermoon over to Alleria and Tyrande and begging forgiveness.

Everyone knows it. That’s how pathetic Blizzard’s staff is, these days.

1 Like

But what would you like to see happen?

1 Like

We interact with entirely Horde NPC’s, giving us stories with Horde themes and a Horde approach.

And if there is a token Alliance character, they literally sit in the corner for 2 years like Thrall & Baine in Shadowlands.

No. Alliance.

It’s really that simple.

Treat the Alliance like the Horde has been treated the last 5 expansions.

“But we don’t know how to write Horde characters.” - Blizzard.

Yeah. That’s a problem. Hire people who do.

What is the horde approach? The old horde is dead. Maybe we are seeing the horde approach, lol.

Oh. So Baine and Thrall will get a bunch of screen time along with no-name characters that we’ve never heard of. Sounds boring, but I guess I could live with that.

For starters, you get the quest from a Horde NPC.

Not sure why you have such trouble understanding that.

Maybe Blizzard shouldn’t have spent the last dozen years slaughtering the Horde cast of characters.

Oh well, they can bring them back. They offed Magni & Cairne at the same time. Magni’s back. Where’s Cairne?

2 Likes

Or…maybe it’s time for you to realize that up until SLs, the horde were antagonists in the story, and that’s why they have to take a back seat now.

You were never the heroes. Your entire role was to fight the Alliance, and now that you have lost, you have no reason to exist. The best you can do is play background to the people who have been heroes all along.

Telling half your customers to buzz off is a poor business strategy.

Blizzard doesn’t understand how PHENOMENALLY PISSED OFF its Horde players are. (You certainly don’t.)

I will watch this wow cast soon.

I feel like the lore is good in a way of setting up something larger to come that we aren’t expecting. I have high hopes and am excited to see it all come together in this saga.

Very excited for the war within to come!

I mean, a lot of things in WoW annoy me as well, but that seems to be nothing compared to your attitude… genuinely asking, but why are you still playing WoW? :o

If a game annoyed me emotionally like that… I would just stop playing it and switch to something that brings me more joy.

1 Like

What horde story?

1 Like

You’re right. I don’t. Why would people who choose to be the bad guys get upset when they are treated like the bad guys? lol.

1 Like

For the day that Microsoft cleans house and hires staff who care about the game, again.

(Both halves of the game. And all of its players, not just the Alliance players.)

That’s wishful thinking. In the end, the company is also only concerned with money.

You might get the first part but i doubt the second part will happen.

They literally just cleaned house and we already are seeing the same garbage from the Danuser/Golden era

1 Like

The company is concerned with money, the developers don’t. They only care with having their way. Blizzard’s problem is that the developers have had license to troll and antagonize their players without regards for sub counts.

1 Like

They cleaned house in a lot of standard areas (marketing, finance, licensing, etc.). They haven’t gotten around to actual development, yet.

1 Like

Anduin -“ I am just a baby”