WoWCast: One-on-One With Chris Metzen

Chris save wpvp!

Actually really enjoyed watching this one.

2 Likes

You were in your early 30s^^

Wow, they’re already planning as far out as 17.0. It’s not that farfetched but crazy to think about.

1 Like

Yes, coming off of Everquest and Anarchy Online. The “kiddie” graphics were better than we had before. lol

As I said, this isn’t meant as an attack on adults who enjoy that cute cartoon look and like playing as talking animals in a fantasy world. Otherwise, it would also be an attack on myself.^^
Again, I just find it ironic that most people here seem to be older. It’s a similar phenomenon to, for example, My Little Pony, which was primarily made for little girls but ended up being very popular with adult men as well. Or Supernatural, which was originally produced for a male audience but ended up being watched by a majority of women. I just find it amusing.

1 Like

People thought he will control the story team more like he’s not going dominate the story team more like drive the story in his direction without being dominant on the team.

1 Like

So TWW is chapter 1 which isn’t meant to blow everything up and go nuts, and for the most part was already a thing in progress when Metzen arrived. TWW leads up to and builds up the story but slowly ramps it up towards Midnight.

Things do get wild and crazy but this is the first act where it’s setting a stage I guess.

That’s cool I can roll with this concept! And great interview it’s good to hear how the team is feeling and how things are going for them and Metzen together. All the best dudes!

64 here.

Met a gal in wow who was 80 and she freaking rocked it!

5 Likes

Graphics are for people who enjoy applebees

2 Likes

Well, ya also gotta remember Gen X were pretty much raised by cartoons, too. Television was our babysitter and best friend.

1 Like

OUR TRUE ORC WARCHIEF!

Also, that is a great template image for future memes. I approve.

1 Like

That sounds cool and all, but the state of some of these classes are really bad. Like ret paladins for example, it seems like many of the hero talents just don’t work for them. Like it is nice you guys have all these content updates, but if the quality gets any lower than that is going to ruin it.

SkyrimGrandma and WoWGrandma78 are two of my favorite streams.

19:50!

My body is prepared, Chris!

:relieved:

1 Like

Everquest’s original aesthetic from the first three expansions is timeless and left a lasting impression on me ngl.

On topic, the video was pretty disappointing ngl. More of this pseudo celebrity game dev garbo where they sit in front of a camera and blab. I give props to Metzen but please stop wasting my time with how stuff goes on in the office I literally do not care.

2 Likes

Less than 100k Honorable Kills for 1m horde deaths.
Thank you Chris Metzen, for the Warcraft 2 Paladin artwork.

1 Like

Wow survives mostly on being the digital equivalent of “sunk cost fallacy”

1 Like

Between this interview and the vp at gamescon, I think I am less excited for this weekend as I was yesterday. Metzen, why did you put your name on this expansion? You should have just shrugged it off until the next one. And the VP at gamescon? Pay someone to clap? Some charisma? 20 years of Warcraft and it was lumped in to a subtle clap… No epic trailer, no blizzard good stuff. That was really really bad.

3 Likes

58 Years Young … For the Horde!

2 Likes