WoWCast: Dive into The War Within’s Delves, Dungeons, PvP, and Raid

WoWCast: Dive into The War Within’s Delves, Dungeons, PvP, and Raid

Join Lead UX Designer Laura Sardinha, Associate Game Director Morgan Day, Lead Gameplay Engineer John-Mark Hemphill, and host Community Manager Bethany Stout as they spotlight features and activities coming with The War Within.

View Full Article

3 Likes

I like this and will watch it… but please don’t tell me we’re getting this today instead of another movie :popcorn:

1 Like

Sounds like a good time.

Delves: These are bi te-sized, challenging solo content with multiple variants and progression tiers. Players can earn high-level rewards and engage in solo challenges similar to the Mage Tower.

Is my character going to be tanking these? Or, is the NPC a tank if you’re not in tank spec? Also do I have to heal?

I just don’t want to do everything like in Torghast - ideally no mob management or thinking about my own hp too much, I would like my dps characters to be able to go in, stand in the back, shoot the mobs and win

Really Morgan? WUE?

1 Like

Calls it endgame for everyone

keeps mythic id lockout

I’m pretty sure it hasn’t been changed as Blizzard wants to keep it inaccessible to keep wow tokens monetized thru boosting as well.

Sorry devs, you can’t gaslight players out of this one.

If you want to DPS, you can select the NPC that goes in with you as a Healer Or select them as a tank and stand behind them killing the mobs as thery keep the aggro on themselves.

1 Like

AFAIK, Brann doesn’t have a tank option. At best he has some utility curios. Admittedly I haven’t been on the beta for a few weeks. Did they add a tank option?

Let’s revisit that end game for all idea after the first few weeks of M+. I have a feeling not everyone is going to feel like end game has been made more accessible.

1 Like

Not much talks of wpvp and a small snip it of pvp. Any plans of making improvements to Warmode yet?

1 Like

Does “Endgame for Everyone” mean Mythic plus or die, yet again?.

'Coz Delves aren’t going to cut it, and they say in the video outright, you wont be finishing the end of it’s “Mage tower” like part unless you’re doing M+ (Raiding doesn’t count anymore, as you can always outgear H raids in M+ with the Tuesday lootbox vault and no lockouts in quicker time).

It sure sounds like watching that video, it’s going to be M+ or die, yet again.

1 Like

wue’s happening whether u like it or not.

the rng gods have spoken.

Maybe they could like… remove lockouts on raids then so you don’t need to do m+ because you’re in weekly timeout for raiding.

I want to get into raiding but the lockout system ruins it. It’s not worth dealing with so many people for so many hours for weekly rng one shot chance at loot.

Mythic ID is even worse as it intentionally excludes players who don’t want to use a guild for gearing purposes. Although I think that’s to drive all the solo and small group players into wow token to boost monetization.

They also said that that part is higher than what is necessary to get high rewards in your vault. There’s no point to go past 8s in delves except for achievements in doing the hardest difficulties.

Without Mythic ID, you’d see people selling their lockouts which would make selling even worse. Because now you aren’t limited to one run a week. Mythic raids aren’t designed to be done in an unorganized group, like pugs. Also… complaining about the group aspect, of the main group content in an MMO?

2 Likes

If the mode is accessible then people will actually engage it instead of paying others off for boosts.

Huh, it’s almost like people want to run raid groups but are prevented from doing so by mythic ID!

I haven’t looked in a couple of weeks but yes, he is a healer (with an annoying mechanic at that) or a DPS.

The video only shows those two options, so I suspect that it is likely still those two.

Watch the video again… specially from 11:30 to 11:40.

:open_mouth:

I’m presuming a L8 Delve will be harder than a M +10 too, but clearly “M+ or die” is not a thing if you have the skill to do a L8 Delve.

Honestly the “warband” stuff was the biggest selling feature to me. The fact alts can get warband gear and catch up to be playable etc - alts have ALWAYS kept me playing and enjoying the game. My least played expansions were Legion & BFA due to azerite grinds that made me not wanting to play alts. When I don’t play alts I just get bored and stop playing.

To clarify, he says GV off a L8 delve would give better loot than EoD of a M+10.
Once a week vs endlessly farmable.

1 Like