Wow51900319 Error Help!

Getting this error after selecting a character and trying to log in. Have tried multiple characters, with and without add ons. I have also tried rolling back my graphics drivers to an older version still the same issue. I am on a WIRED cable connection and my wife who literally has a computer right beside me logs in without any issues at all. Advice???

1 Like

Just got the same error twice, after playing for about an hour and even killing the world boss (so much lag there).

First one was in Maldraxxus, running from a flight point to a quest. Second one was in Revendreth, about five seconds after engineering porting there.

I’m on Verizon FIOS, if that makes a difference (since Verizon had issues just a few days ago).

1 Like

Hey there Anigma and Vellisra,

I am not sure if these are the same issues and causes or not. It sounds like Vellisra can play for a bit before disconnecting while Anigma can’t even enter game on any character.

For Anigma, I am curious if a program may be causing problems for you. A common one we’ve seen recently is a security program called AVG or Avast. If you have either, try disabling it temporarily to see if you can connect. If it still fails to connect, you’ll want to go ahead and place a ticket with system files to so that our technical reps can take a deeper look at what can be causing the issue. Please do mention if it’s occurring to all characters as that will help narrow down the cause.

Vellisra, can we get a Winmtr taken that captures when a disconnect happens? Just run the test for 5-15 minutes and reset it if nothing occurs in that time frame. Once a disconnect occurs, let the test run another minute then end it. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

MTR here

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.1.1 -    0 |  328 |  328 |    0 |    0 |    5 |    0 |
|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 |  328 |  328 |    1 |    5 |   68 |   68 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider 

I started immediately after a disconnect, managed to stay connected long enough to kill Harika the Horrible and get to Wanecrypt Hill, and then got disconnected again. I logged back in, then copied the text about a minute later.

Thanks for that Winmtr test and description. My apologies too as I missed that you’re using Verison FIOS. Winmtr tests with that ISP tend to just show the first and last areas data passes through and is not always that helpful. In this case though, I’m thinking it’s not an ISP issue since the first and last lines show no packetloss and latency looks pretty good.

At this point, checking out more specific causes on the system would be best. My guess is a Quality of Service program like HP Omen or Asus ROG is causing the connection to World of Warcraft to get cut off randomly in error. Without seeing an Msinfo file, the guess is just a shot in the dark. Can you get a ticket to us with that attached so we can take a better look?

2 Likes

Ticket submitted, though the tracert was useless, thanks to Verizon, lol.

I’m having the same issue, I have the free version of Avast installed, would that be an issue?

Lîlithvia,

We have seen reports of Avast and AVG both affecting connections and patching to Blizzard games recently. Temporary disabling it or even uninstalling it to test is a good starting point. If not sure about removing it, the info here can help. Keep in mind it’s temporary only and reinstalling it or finding a replacement is advised once troubleshooting is done.

1 Like

After switching from my 5.2 to my 2.4 connection, I no longer have an issue.