WOW51900319 - Certain Characters constantly being disconnected from server on login

This has been a bug that has affected me since either patch 8.25 or 8.3, I’m pretty sure it’s been since 8.25. CERTAIN characters sometimes I will get disconnected as soon as I log in and it shows the error WOW51900319. When I would exit the game and re-log into the game, if I tried to log into any of these characters, I would get immediately disconnected again. EVERY time I would try to log into these characters, I would immediately get disconnected after the loading screen finished.

I have followed all the steps on the support page for that error in the past and nothing has fixed it.

The character disconnect seemed to almost exclusively affect my level 120 characters (now level 50). Resetting my UI, resetting my ip address, releasing and reacquiring my DNS, etc, would NOT make this error go away. Often times, I would wait 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes or more before trying to log in again, but these characters would still get disconnected.

Eventually the ONLY thing I found that would work TEMPORARILY, would be to log into and then log out from 3 different low level characters, and THEN try to log into the level 120 character (now level 50) I was trying to play. Then, I would be able to log into the max level character successfully without getting disconnected. Sometimes, I could get away with logging into only 2 low level characters, but MOST of the time I would still get disconnected. Also occasionally logging into and out of 3 low level characters was insufficient and I would rarely have to cycle through 4 or more low level characters before the game would let me log into my max level characters without INSTANTLY getting disconnected. I also found that RARELY, I would get disconnected from some level 80 characters I rarely play (which I had locked experience for because I wanted to gear for Herald of the Titans).

Last night and tonight I have been continually cycling through low level characters, and sometimes spending 15-30 minutes on the low level characters, but the game was still disconnecting me from my high level characters, but I think I have found the ONE pattern that links my max level characters, and occasional high level, but not max level characters - - I believe the ONLY characters that have ever experienced this disconnect on login bug are characters that are all flagged for WARMODE. Last night even this frustrating process of logging into and out of 3 low level characters + giving it time was not working and the game was not letting me into my max level characters I was actually trying to play. It took over an hour before I could get on ONE of my max level characters to play.

This morning I have spent over and hour and a half and the game has not yet let me log into any of these (Warmode-flagged) max level characters that I am trying to play without being instantly disconnected the moment the loading screen finishes, no matter how long I wait and no matter how many low level (non-warmode) characters I log into.

This is a SEVERE PROBLEM that has been going on for almost a year or more and has only gotten progressively worse. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Good day,

Please refer to the official recently updated KBA for this error code:

Try disabling all addons and also running a repair via Bnet as part of testing?

I have already reviewed the updated KBA. None of those steps are resolving the problem. Additionally the battle.net app is not the problem.

Additionally, the fact that I CAN log into certain characters, but CANNOT log into OTHER characters, indicates that the problem is NOT on my end.

I have specified the problem extensively above and you have not read it. You are only responding to the error message number I typed above. The symptoms are highly specific above and beyond the error message I am receiving.

2 Likes

Not entirely. Some of your characters could have gotten into an unstable place. Using the automated stuck character tool may help.

I have extensively tested this. The characters are NOT stuck, they are simply in town. Most are in boralus or stormwind, next to inn mailboxes or next to the boat war tables.

This issue has happened in the past on characters that were on a flying mount or in flight form in the air slightly above the ground before. And the fact that in the past I could log into 3 low level alts and then log back into one of the warmode-flagged main characters, also proves that environment collision is NOT the problem.

You could open a ticket on this Aramilgaeda. You have tried all I can think of with the exception of server side resets of characters. We can try that - may mess with your keybinds and macros.

1 Like

Have you found a solution to this yet? My husband is having the SAME problem with his characters. Some work, others get booted right away.

The fix is to use the self help tool on the website to move a character.
Stuck Character Move

Omg this is also driving me insane! I’ve spent weeks trying to rectify the issue. Followed everything i can in trouble shooting etc. Although, using the unstuck character thing worked. you’re unable to do that constantly when it happens so often.
I hope a fix for this happens soon as its putting me off from playing!

I’ve had this same issue since around 8.2. It was only on my main, and now it’s moved to a couple of my other higher end characters. It’s made playing the game at all almost unbearable, and I’ve tried literally everything. It only affects a certain couple of toons, and they all use the same addons, but I’ve disabled them for that specific toon, and it still instantly boots me when I log in. Sorry for the necro, but I’ve been trying to figure this out for ages!

This isn’t 8.25 or 8.3 and it is 9.2 and i went to zandalar>nazjazet (the first patch where it out in the sea) i was doing a strange goop quest and i was trying to get out idk if i try to unstuck my self but every time i login to tazar he disconnect the first thing the screen loaded!! I also disable addon and it still does the same so if repair didnt work i may request for unstuck ticket if it continue. But if that didn’t work im filing the ticket to wowhead.

The thread you are replying to has been inactive or 8 months and is not likely related to the issue you are seeing. Please do not re open old threads. If you cannot find a currently active post with your issue, it is best to create a new thread. Even if symptoms are similar to an older thread, the causes are not likely to be the same.

You said you are submitting a ticket to WoWhead? WoWhead would not be able to assist you with a disconnection issue in a Blizzard game. Hopefully that was just an error.

If the issue is character specific and the self service move function did not solve it for you, the use the contact support button at the top right of this page to contact support to help address the single character issue. (Sometimes characters can get stuck in a bad world state and need to be moved to solve)