WoW, Why not console?

The other advantage to console is that you don’t have to monkey with so many graphical settings to fine-tune things and find a sweetspot.

FFXIV on my PS5 has 3 settings to toggle.

Because they’re designed that way. Regardless the gcd would be affected if we had to group with people on console.

If however blizz kept those servers separate then it might not be an issue but as it stands having a wow port on console would not be a good idea.

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t.

You already have people playing WoW on controller, you’ve probably played with them and never noticed.

Show me these people because I’m not gonna trust you’re being truthful

Hell, I’ve played with console port, it takes some getting used to but it works really well with wow.

They stated this was for accessibility options and not for console reasons.

Doesn’t look like a controller, looks like someone slapped an animation of one and used keybinds.

Either way a consol port wouldn’t work. It would require a complete rebuild from the ground up to make it compatible and blizz won’t do that if they wanna keep what remains of the playerbase. Because to rebuild it would shut the game off for quite a long time and run the major risk of players losing stuff in the transition.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

How’s having less options for the user to tailor their experience between graphics and framerate (or sometimes both) an advantage…? I mean it only takes a minute at most to set them.

Honestly, if consoles does have graphical settings that is on the same level as PC’s, that would be an amazing upgrade. So i can turn everything down to med low and get a consistent framerate on them for once. :slight_smile:

Whatever steps required whether a rebuild or rework, it could still work. The fact that they have controller support built in and the fact that the new generation consoles (even the last ones in large part) are build on PC architecture, making ports a LOT more feasible.

Doesn’t mean stuff wouldn’t be lost in the transition and I highly doubt anyone will stay if they lost stuff due to some consol port.

Consol port may work for other mmos like ff and eso but it really won’t work here. It’s also why swtor doesn’t have one.

Same reason people prefer games on console. They enjoy the convenience of plug/play.

It can take more than a minute to find that sweet spot when you’re hit with 12 slider bars trying to fine-tune to get that optimal frame rate you’re after.

On FFXIV, I know that I want higher than HD resolution and as close to 60 fps as I can get, so I select the middle option so I get the best of both worlds.

Things do get lost in translation all the time. That’s what updates/patches are for, to correct that.

I don’t see anything that significant being lost. It would require testing.

I know many people do not want a port because they like the feeling of exclusivity. I really don’t give a crap about that. To keep the game alive, I’m fine looking outside the box.

Nothing significant you say.

What about mounts, pets, mogs, toons. Anything and everything is significant.

Its not a matter of exclusivity.

People don’t want a wow port because of the problems that would arise. This isn’t some elitists thing so don’t try to turn it into one.

Money?

I have 40-50 key binds. You gonna give me a keyboard to hook up to a console?

The guy literally has multiple videos about using controllers and how to set them up.

But you are correct on it likely being a pain to get working on proprietary console OS’s, the console’s themselves could likely handle it just fine, they’re basically mid range computers at this point.

Needing to shut down the game is also unlikely though.

Likely the biggest hurdle would be getting console manufacturers on board with cross play. SE had a lot of clout with Sony when they released cross play mmorpgs.

You can hook any standard keyboard up to a console.

Though a controller provides easy access to 48+ binds.

id like to know their answer as well.

i would assume its because they dont have time. they cant even keep up with current stuff.

Don’t get me wrong I think its fine for ff and eso to cross play because they were designed from the start to be such.

Wow on the other hand was designed to be pc only and frankly I’m ok with that. When I play consol its not to mmo, its to single player game.

But for pc I have both options and due to the superior tech pcs have it just works.

A bit confused sorry. My FF14 account sits on both PC and console and the achievements, mogs, mounts etc all carry over. I doubt these would be impacted?

What superior tech?

A PS5 has better tech in it then most peoples pcs according to Steam survey.

It’s got a Console style processor, and an RDNA2 GPU, it’s a pc in all but software, and people have put Linux on consoles and used them like pcs.