Wow was removed during BN update

Once BattleNet did an upgrade, it removed WoW from my computer completely. Seeing how most computers don’t come with a CD drive anymore, how to get WoW back on my computer when BN won’t push it through?

If WoW is not installed, then you can just download and install it again through the battle.net client. Where it usually says “Play”, it should say “Install” instead.

But really, I doubt that Battle.net deleted your WoW folder. You probably just need to find where it is on your hard drive and then use the “Locate” option in Battle.net to point it to those files.

This happened to all my Blizzard games. I went to the game folders and double-clicked the launcher exe and after a small update for each, everything was fine.

It’s very rare but it did occur to me at least twice over the years, the main folder housing the chunky 80gb+ download somehow lost it all forcing a full reinstall which took a PITA while. It was an OS update that was the culprit that somehow nuked it.

Currently the issue has not occurred since 2007.

Actually it is fully deleted. I have checked the trash bin even. Wow isn’t on the computer anymore. When I hit the install button, it just sits there. I even clicked to buy the game again and it says I have access to that content.

Sounds like there is clearly something wrong with your Battle.net client. I’d download and run the the Battle.net installer. It should update and fix your Battle.net install.

1 Like

Though I’d really move this to the CS forum. They can give you clear step-by-step instructions and things you can do. Though I have also found that if you use the search for game option, you can just locate the file and it will be like “Oh right. That’s there, my bad”.

1 Like

Tried and tried. Even uninstalled and reinstalled BN 11 times now and nada. Even copied wifes BN and WoW folders and put them on my computer and still nada. Irritating as all get out. BN refuses to push WoW back onto my computer. Even with WoW on my computer, it refuses to acknowledge it.