WoW Update Download Very Slow

Has anybody else noticed that when they update WoW, it starts off fast, and then slows to a crawl, reaching speeds as slow as 56KB/s? I have fiber internet with a wide open pipe, and other games in my library reach download speeds up to 140MB/s. For whatever reason WoW is just awfully slow, and I wish Blizzard would take a look into this. I have no idea why just this one game has throttled update speeds.

5 Likes

No, I have never experienced this. Are you using addons that poll for a lot of data, like RaiderIO?

1 gig in about a 60 sec… Last night.
Fastest I have ever seen downloading.
Most of the updates in the past was like you posted. This time …

Hope you got yours to download…

Same issue here, downloads are only clocking in at 100 KB/s. Yes, KILOBYTES. And before the keyboard warriors chime in, I do not have a limiter set on the launcher either.

The launcher is also not showing the amount it’s downloading, only showing a percentage. What’s the deal, blizz?

1 Like

I have absolutely no addons. I unsubbed several months ago and purged all of my addons that I won’t use anymore. I tried the scan and repair option and it reported all is well, if that helps.

I want to actually bump this one up. I’ve been having the exact same issue, and tonight is no different. Got 78 MB of the download remaining, but I’m doing it at 56 KB/s, it’s staggeringly painful. Everything else on my computer is going at decent speeds.

3 Likes

In the blizzard desktop app go to settings > downloads and make sure that the bandwidth limit for “latest updates” isn’t checked, if it is then uncheck the box.

Yeah I’ll go ahead and bump this as well. I’m still seeing the same odd behavior. No other Bnet game updates like this, like for example Diablo 2 Resurrected downloads at full speed and doesn’t throttle. I have Verizon Fios btw, so I don’t know if the issue is ISP specific.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I deleted the Bnet folder under Program Data per other forums’ recommendation. Just had to tell Bnet launcher again where my games are installed. That didn’t fix it. Went to update WoW afterwards and it started out strong but then slowed down to around 200Kbps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.