WoW - Uniting the world

With World of Warcraft being an MMO that has survived this long, I’ve always been suprised that there are still EU and NA servers.

Truth be told, and a lot of people working at Blizzard will not appreciate reading this, but as a player from the EU region, I’ve always felt like a second rank player. NA just seems more important to Blizzard, looking at Social Media and these forums (we can’t even post with our mains on these forums). Now this might seem like not a big deal, but it all adds up, a lot of competitions/raffles on Twitter are for NA only for example.

But, the bring this topic to Azeroth, I have quite a bit of friends on NA, I can now add them to my Battle.net friends list, but I can’t play with them… I’d like this game to remove the region barrier and let us see and engage with eachother, make it an option if people want to be queued with people from the other region as latency might be a problem, although on EU we have players from Russia who can have pretty high ping as well, but play just fine.

Imagine how alive Azeroth would feel, and not just on the Dragon Isle, people from both sides who are looking for a daytime raiding team have an easier time to find one because of the many time zones coming together, they also have an easier time finding groups for multiple activities at any hour of the day.

I hope Blizzard will one day make this happen, so that there wont be a difference between NA and EU players.

6 Likes

I think as long as they have an opt out button this would be great. People can play with their friends with high ping if they want but I can’t imagine queueing a ranked arena in NA and having to fight the ping boss because you randomly queued into a Russian team.

I agree for competitive gameplay, even though I think this shouldn’t be an issue this day and age.

The EU has players from South Africa with ~200 ms who play alright