WoW Uninstalled Itself

Question,
What could cause both regular WoW and classic WoW to uninstall itself? I had to hit the restart button on my computer the other day and hadn’t logged back in. Turned it on today and it seems that both WoW and Classic have uninstalled themselves and I have to fully reinstall the games. They are totally missing, I have roughly 65 gigs of free space, which is what WoW amounts to (regular and classic combined).
I’ve run antivirus and its negative, and none of my other applications seem to have any problems of not being installed (as far as I can tell), including blizzard ones like Overwatch.

Any ideas?

The rare times I have seen that happen is when your Av has a false positive and it removes wow check the AV programs log to see if it roved the game.

This literally just happened to me as well. Been having issues with the game freezing and rebooting my cpu for the first 3-4 tries every day for the last week. This morning after crash/reboot, I opened the launcher and it says I have to install both retail and classic.

This just happened to me as well. My system was running very slow upon waking up from sleep mode. I used the reset button.
Everything came right up, seemed to be fine. When I opened the Battle. net launcher I had a bunch of new messages for a bunch of new terrible features that I had to opt out of or turn off. When I closed them all both my wow and wowclassic had an install button where the play button should be. I click the locate file button, go to the appropriate folders and get a “This folder does not contain the correct version of the game. Please check the installation path and try again.” It clearly DOES contain the game file.
I don’t know what an Av is or how to check their program log, and I definitely wouldn’t know if it roved the game. Since I don’t believe roved is a real word.

3 Likes

Same exact thing happened to me. I finally reinstalled and realized I needed to reinstall my addons so I exited the whole app and did that. Got back on Battle Net and it happened again. This is now the 6th time this has happened to me. I even called HP’s technical support and was on the phone with them for a while and they had never even heard of something like this happening. I don’t even fully shut down my computer anymore since this keeps happening and I have to keep reinstalling. So frustrating :frowning:

I haven’t played in a while, since I pay every 6 months no matter what. for the past couple months I noticed the blizzard installer thingie isn’t starting up with my pc so I figured maybe I changed the settings, today I went to log in to the game and I cannot find it. I found the folder with the installer with it but I cannot find the game on my pc.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

1 Like