WoW ToS - where can I find it?

I agree with you on this point. It is a very good question and it raises a lot of issues. Blues really would be best to answer it, but you started a great discussion I think.

As the systems evolve, sometimes it is good to revisit the rules governing them. Sometimes the rules have not kept up with the times.

2 Likes

I think he means you can use Bnet balance to buy digital gift items from the store and have the code sent to your own email (required in AUS).

From there that gift code can be sold for IRL money.

3 Likes

My hunch is going to be that they don’t police / won’t care about codes sold outside of the game client like Loot or BlizzCon codes, but if you try selling codes in the actual client they’ll be pissed. This kind of goes along with the rules set forth otherwise - ingame transactions: gold, outside of game transactions: money. Since the transaction can be started, conducted and completed 100% outside of the game client, I would assume it’s “allowed”

They might not be thrilled about it but it’s probably just one of those grey areas where they say meh, we’re aware of it but no comment

I am reminded that there are still people who will spend $20 on a token to convert it to $15 of game time.

3 Likes