Wow, this is bad

I expected nothing and I’m still disappointed.

Either they’ve spent 8 months doing absolutely nothing or they’re not even close to being done. I’m not sure which is worse.

14 Likes

but but but… new pepes!

18 Likes

I’ll buy that intern a pony.

The class balance team needs to be dipped in molten salt.

2 Likes

Always a silver lining.

I love threads with no context.

This is like having your LDR show up and you find out their biopic is 10 years and 80 pounds ago.

This is like buying an awesome lawn chair from Amazon and it shows up in a recycled iPhone box.

This is Christmas morning and you find out your too old for gifts.

PTR patch notes.

…great. Watch this be the entirety of the patch. The Pepe patch would put the selfie cam patch to shame. Heh

1 Like

They’re literally nerfing Affliction, Balance, and Fire, all of which were incessantly complained about, quite heavily.

1 Like

Welp, looks like 9.1 is a hit!

2 Likes

But not touching any flavor of paladin in pvp. Not changing the “one shot” meta. Nerfing affliction single target and not giving them QoL buffs for m+ leaves them with zero forms of endgame to excel at. Not capping fire mage AoE doesn’t change anything about their position in the meta for organized groups. And a DH nerf? Like why? Kick a dog while it’s down.

After 8 months, I would hope the class change patch notes wouldn’t fit on a post card, but they do with room to spare. It’s ludicrously bad. They’re either not done with class changes or they say on their hands for 8 months. Either scenario is terrifying to uncover in mid April.

1 Like

The nerfed affliction, fire, and balance.

Of course, we’ll learn later that the dev team’s clever “nerfs” to Fire Mage have the “unintended” side effect of increasing their DPS.

2 Likes

What 8 months are you talking about? Shadowlands has been live for less than 5 months. Before that, devs were working on it for 24 months.

You missed one. The third option is: they’ve been doing lots of things that YOU don’t care about.

The definition of “nothing” is not “things I don’t care about”. Not in English.

Squeeeeeee!!!

:grinning::+1::grinning::+1::grinning::+1:

Isn’t it also a little early to be judging the patch that hasn’t launched and hasn’t even fully been datamined?

Don’t get me wrong I am not enjoying shadowlands as much as I wish I was but come on…

Oh you are upset about the class balance changes?

I thought this was about a lack of content or something substantial, not the first tiny iterations on class balance in a ptr not specifically even about class balance at this stage.

To be fair, this is a meta that is also happening in other ActivisionBlizzard games. I have to hear about “the burst meta” complaints in CoD from my friends all the time.

I think that the idea is that a chance to 1 shot gives everyone the chance to win and that increases how long people engage in your PvP content (actually proven by data).

1 Like

He is a M+ player, they don’t care about new content.

1 Like

Maybe I’ve been hit with a rock recently, and my memory went kaput, but don’t they usually do like 20 passes to class tuning throughout any given PTR cycle?

Like, there’s no way 9 classes are getting through this without at least an “everything is 3% stronger/weaker” note.

2 Likes

They put a lot of effort into covenant legendaries.

Which no one asked for.

Yay more farming soul ash.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes