WoW TBC Instantly Freezes/Not Responding as soon as I log in

After this recent update to TBC WoW has been freezing for me. For the first few hours it would only happen once or twice. Everything would freeze, windows would ask if I want to close the program or wait for it to respond. Sometimes the monitor will go dark for a few seconds. Now as soon as my character loads in it instantly freezes for about 10 seconds. Maybe 1 second back to normal, then frozen again. I have updated all my drivers and os. Reinstalled WoW through battle.net app, ran the repair and update multiple times and deleted all my addons. The same is also happening when I log into retail. I was able to play both just find with no lag or not responding messages happening at all before the TBC update. Any ideas?

Dxdiag

Hi Campeador

I’m seeing some graphics errors reported by Windows. Let’s reinstall the Nvidia driver using the DDU tool. I also want to roll back to a Nvidia driver from December. The recent series of drivers seem to have issue.

Download the DDU tool here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3480

(scroll down page for the Official Download link)

Download this Nvidia driver:

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Basically you extract the DDU uninstaller from the download. (it will extract to a folder called DDU - the tool is inside that folder)

*Important: Unplug the Ethernet or disable the Wifi to avoid Windows automatic driver installation.

I like to boot the computer into safe mode then run the DDU tool. (This isn’t essential you can ignore the tools warning. You will need to confirm you have the windows password before you do so. If you are using a PIN Windows may ask for the actual password after running safe mode.)

On the tool leave everything as default. Then select Graphics type then Nvidia. Run the recommended “Clean then restart”. (Once restarted your graphics will look all out of sorts - normal as you are running on basic Windows drivers there.)

Now for the install. Start the driver download. Select Graphics only (no GeForce Experience). Select Custom install carry on to the next pane. There is a box to check for Clean Install select (check) that box. (Resets the Nvidia control panel and profiles to defaults)

You will see a Windows Smart Screen warning when you start the Driver install as you are offline - ignore that.