WoW started crashing ACCESS_VIOLATION & INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO

Hi,
All of the sudden my WoW started crashing with weird errors. This is a new computer that i’ve been using for about 6months with no issues. Error codes below:

1st Error Access Violation https://pastebin.com/9tJ1sfma
Happened in Plunderstorm

2nd Error INT Divide by Zero https://pastebin.com/60DzXhjV
Happened about 5 seconds after entering old Raid Antorus

3rd Error Access Violation https://pastebin.com/Fz3QUQz3
Happened when hearthing out of Antorus raid

How do I fix this? Thank you!

Not sure if this helps you but it just helped me and I’m having same issues.

DELETE ASTRAL KEYS ADDON.

Hi, thx for reply Jatts, but I not have that addon. I also have not changed my addons in 6months. My first crash happened in plunderstorm, which does not allow addons.

You’re right, it’s not Astral Keys. It crashed me again even when i didn’t install it. I think it does have to do something with the addons though. I’m going to reset everything. Deleting the addon/fresh start seems to make it go away. Which makes me think it’s something in the settinsg or addons.

I was having the memory could not be executed error also. I did a repair and scan for wow and updated my drivers. I did not have the issue after doing so. It seems like after the most recent update to wow that this has been happening. I am also playing on a new computer that I have had since oct and have not had any problems before.

Im having the int zero error and hace deleted all addons. Deleted and reinstalled WoW. And this still affects me. Please any fixes would be nice. I just came back to the game. I would like to play

1 Like

I did full pc repair/scan, as well as wow repair/scan it still happens

Do you have antivirus software or a drive sync software? Both of those are known to cause this specific error.

I have default windows antivirus, Microsoft Defender or w/e the proper name is.
One sync is installed by default with windows but I do not use it and it’s not running by default.

Current addons (click to expand)

<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> AdvancedInterfaceOptions 1.8.14
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> AllTheThings DF-3.10.3
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Auctionator 10.2.33
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> BattlePetBreedID v1.27.0
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> BigDebuffs v11.43
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> !BugGrabber v10.2.3
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> BugSack v10.2.3
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Collectionator 1.19
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> DejaCharacterStats R100200r1
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Details #Details.20240326.12579.156
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Details_Compare2
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Details_EncounterDetails
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Details_RaidCheck
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Details_Streamer
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Details_TinyThreat
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Details_Vanguard
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Diminish v2.6.9
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Diminish_Options v2.6.9
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> GladiatorlosSA2 4.4
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> HandyNotes v1.6.18
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> HandyNotes_Dragonflight 46
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> IceHUD v1.14.36
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Myslot v5.14.0
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> NameplateAuras 100206.0-release
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> NameplateCooldowns 100206.0-release
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> OmniCD 10.2.6.2786
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> OmniCD_BattleRes 0.0.17
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> tdBattlePetScript v1.10.1
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Plumber 1.2.6
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Quartz 3.7.8
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> RareScanner 10.2.6
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Rematch 5.1.4
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> sArena_Updated2_by_sammers 3.2.3
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> Simulationcraft 10.2.6-01
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> SpellNotifications v2.4.1
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> TomTom v3.5.6-release
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> UltraSquirt 0.9.8
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> WeakAuras 5.12.5
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> WeakAurasArchive 5.12.5
<Set.Addons.All.Loaded> WorldQuestTracker v10.2.6.492-Retail

Considering a lot of these change values in the game environment, I recommend backing them up and doing a UI reset. Make sure no addon manager is replacing them in the directory while you test the game without using any.

Edit: Disabling addons is not sufficient vs resetting the UI.

1 Like

Do you happen to have a 13th gen Intel Processor?

If so, please check this out, and read the issue by the blue post, AND the solution made by “Lilysilver”:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/error-132-intdividebyzero/1739768/13

This solution just fixed my same error, along with COUNTLESS others. I did so much fixing/tinkering, replacing motherboards, updating BIOS, etc. and none of it worked except this.

Can confirm the fix posted by “Lilysilver” in the link above does work. This is a Blizzard problem with 13th gen Intel. My SC2 also crashed so it isnt addons or any other suggestion that has been posted only related to WOW.

For those that arent into overclocking, like me, you need to download and install Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and turn down your “Performance Core Ratio”. I set mine to 53 and have been playing all night with no crash.

Well, believe it or not. It crashed after I made the changes again. So…it may work for al ot of other people, but didn’t work for me :frowning:

Sorry to hear that. I have had 2 nights now of no crashing since I adjusted mine. I even tried pushing it back up slightly by increasing my performance core to 54, and still no crashes. I hope I don’t jinx myself…

I too have recently been experiencing ACCESS_VIOLATION errors and the odd “Divide by zero” error. I’ve tried all the usual test (remove addons, WTF, update GPU drivers, reinstall the game, etc), none have which solved the issues.

After some additional testing it would appear the problem lies with the retail game client and DX12 (switching to DX11 seems to be a band-aid for now). The gx.log file in the client folder indicates the following:

4/7 17:09:18.277 Crash Summary: ACCESS_VIOLATION - The instruction at “0x00007ffa71231b38” referenced memory at “0xffffffffffffffff”.
The memory could not be “read”.

As a side note I also tested with WoLK as well as the SoD client, they don’t seem to be having issue with DX12.

Game/System Info:

World of Warcraft Retail x86_64 10.2.6.53989
Windows 11 (10.0.22631) x86_64
Intel(R) Core™ i9-14900K | Sockets: 1 Cores: 24 Threads: 32 | Max Frequency: 5.7GHz
31.7 GB System Memory
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Driver Date: 02-Apr-2024, Version: (0x1f0000000f145c)

What hapoens if im not good with computers. This is beyond my knowledge

I finally got it to work!!!

I used the Intel Extreme Utility Tool and undervolted even more than what people said:

Performance Core Ratio: 51x
Efficient Core Ratio: 40x
Core Voltage Offset 0.000 V

This finally made it not crash. Be sure to enable undervolt protection in BIOS though. Basicaly our 13/14thn gen processors run/draw up too much power/speeds that it’s causing WoW to collapse and not work.

1 Like

I was able get mine stable as well at 55 all core. Needless to say I’m happy WoW is stable now on DX12.

I’m not happy so many of us spent serious coin for a CPU that can’t even run at advertised specs. Losing 3% to 5% performance is not acceptable. Lets hope Intel, the motherboard manufactures and/or Microsoft solve this issue.

It sucks, but it beats the alternative. Your brain is incapable of perceiving that kind of difference in frame rates anyways.

Nvidia acknowledges the issue:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/540532/geforce-grd-55212-feedback-thread-released-4424/

And so does Intel:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Regarding-Reports-of-13th-14th-Gen-Unlocked-Desktop-Users/td-p/1575863?profile.language=en

I know some motherboards have been patching for it and usually lump it under a blanket patch note like “improved stability” or “improved compatibility” or something along those lines.

1 Like