WOW SOD Phase 3 feels like a free to play MMO

Run around in circles, don’t attack anything if you are smart, complete no dungeons, multiple 50s and infinite gold in a few days.

Change my mind. This is trash. How did we allow the live audience to mess this up? The pacing is what kept this at bay.

You will be buying gold in phase 4 from Blizz. The spirit is dead. The only way to salvage this mess is to roll back the server and they aren’t going to do that.

Enjoy waiting on ST for the next 4 months. All that wasted content. Unreal.

52 Likes

You are onto something… being beta testers… we shouldnt be paying the company to beta test for them

20 Likes

I don’t care what you think. I care what I think and I think this patch is amazing.

10 Likes

Well if you keep doing the Ashenvale one you’ll never be able to get revered or exalted items. Those require currency that only drops from the level 50 ones. So go do those and then tell me about how remedial it is.

I’ve really turned around on these things. I think they’re great content.

3 Likes

and that is the difference. I think it is awful. Enjoy

This isnt SOD anymore

14 Likes

What is your complaint exactly? That some people were able to farm 500 gold?

1 Like

Why would I be buying gold in phase 4?

1 Like

Implying SoD has had any identity to begin with. Both the first and second phase had entirely different endgame loops, so how does phase 3 having yet another different make it “not SoD”?

6 Likes

Sure it did. The pacing implies they wanted to enjoy the world one last time with a twist. this isnt it.

3 Likes

Why aren’t you enjoying the world then?

1 Like

because he wanted a twist but the one he got aint for his liking,so sod is dead:p math ez :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Everyone has 4 lvl 50s in less than a week with infinite gold. They haven’t really done anything to earn that and they don’t wanna run content. To be more detailed this was my response in a less aggressive forum:

Gotta keep it real, forced gameplay is why many of us quit live. These Nightmare Incurions are nothing more than a mind numbing path to get from 40 - 50 easy mode. I went from 45-47 without attacking a mob. Just ran in circles and if you are smart, not doing anything is actually advised. That strat literally gets you to 50 with about 400 gold (maybe more). Killed the world, killed the dungeons, killed the loot. The trickle down economics of this launch will have awful consequences. Most the people I know that hit 50 havent even ran a dungeon. Think about that for a second. Season of Discovery? Really? I mean how did they botch this with all the content that was available? Yah most of us knew Ulda and Zul Farrak would be the new SM, but we didnt think Maraudon would be irrelevant. Yah I am aware that I could chose a different path to lvl but noone wants to do that because Incurions are OP, and you do need the rep. So, yes, I have to participate. I am in a fun guild and no one wants to do anything else. So basically now, 40 - 50 = incursions and then you just do ST forever. No real reason to run any dungeons unless you want that 1 rune. Let’s also remember, we aren’t even a week into this. This is bad to the bad. I would have personally rather seen a harder take on the dungeons as opposed to this forced gameplay, especially since ST is such a step up from what some folks saw in Gnomer. Get these people some more staff too! Not in my opinion good but if you enjoy, enjoy. My post isn’t to anger you, I just think this is going to get stale really fast.

Take care

7 Likes

I don’t have any level 50s and only 19 gold

They played the game

If it’s mind-numbing then why are you doing it?

Your entire post reads like you feel like you have to do something that you don’t enjoy. Nightmare Incursions didn’t remove quests and dungeons. You say this sort of stuff is the reason you quit retail, yet you can’t escape the mindset that you have to do something just because it exists

2 Likes

Nailed it. played non stop till these incursions. They were too op and we arent even a week into this and everyone (that I know) have about 3 50s waiting for one thing.

It was done poorly. Just because you play the game doesnt mean you deserve 50 instantly. This isnt live bud.

You live players ruined this and time will not be kind to this phase. Look at the forums, this is getting buried,

And yes, i already cancelled. This is trash, nothing to do.

6 Likes

So you admit your issue is one of your own making

Have you tried, maybe…doing what you enjoy instead of feeling like you’re forced to do something that you aren’t?

1 Like

Have you tried lowering your standards or pretending the problem is other players?

2 Likes

Probably 15+ hrs to exalted even doing the quick laps at the 50 incursions. You know, I don’t think I even care about the exalted items at this point… Besides, in 2-3 weeks they will probably just make the grind trivial some how and I will have wasted my time just like they have with almost any grind the last 2 phases. Incursions are braindead infinite “daily-level” complexity quest, just a pure time sink that are not great content.

6 Likes

Well I’ll agree that the way that they allowed groups to cheese it is a problem. That should definitely have been fixed before it was launched. Outside of that oversight, it’s great content. Hopefully they fix it so it can’t be cheesed.

infinite gold??? dramatic much

40 - 50 on a toon in a day will yield about 400. Most people have 3 50s now. This isnt SOD

2 Likes