WoW-related sites crash my client

Yo,
Having some serious issues over here.
Im trying to stay on top of information while i have down time on game reading up WoW related things on WoW related websites. But lately i cant even do that. Websites closely related to WoW keep crashing my game client constantly. Im not talking youtube or pandora… Im talking Wow-head Icy-veins Curseforge… and others. Wow head is like a 9/10 times crash as soon as i open it in my browser. Sometimes it completely corrupts my game and i cant even target people or play. (needing a full system restart). I dont want to begin messing with all my settings before putting this out to the public, in hopes that somebody else may know the quick fix to this. Really tired of not being able to stay self informed ><

Ty.

I used to lag in-game incredibly badly while having a wowhead page open. That site is a hot mess. I highly recommend trying an ad blocker if you haven’t already. Once I activated one in chrome, I have had a much better experience. I’m not sure if that is the same issue on the other sites, but it may be worth a try.

It’s not the game, it’s those websites you are visiting. They are resource hogs to the nth degree.

Your choice in web browser can also exasperate the issue immensely. As some of them are also resource hogs to the nth degree.

This issue isn’t new, it comes and goes as the websites and web browsers in question get massively bad reviews for bad performance. Then it gets better for a while… but they always return to their old ways.

In a nutshell, don’t browse the internet while in-game. If you must, do it on a different device than what you are gaming on. That way it only slows the other device down and not your game.

It isn’t that they’re resource hogs, it’s that anything using Chromium and sometimes WebKit while you’re running the game can crash the game. It doesn’t matter if you have a webpage loaded or just a blank tab, having those two offenders running in the background causes all sorts of problems with WoW. That’s why it’s so strongly recommended to set the Battle.net app to close when you launch a game, since it uses a fork of Chromium for its rendering services.