WoW on GeForce Now

Honestly this game is so technically outdated that even discussing computer specs in relation to it is a waste of time.

Can your system compute ones and zeros? Congratulations, you can run wow.

Full 10 settings is quite intensive to run still. The more important question is will Blizzard update their ToU now that game streaming is no longer just a niche approach? I have a very underpowered laptop that will “run wow”, at a 2 view distance with low settings. If they ammend their terms to allow game streaming, that laptop is now capable of running the game on 10, full ultra, with being able to see across 3 zones, as long as I have a decent data connection, by using my main rig, using something like steam in home streaming.

The options really are crazy, rather than drop 600 bucks on a midrange gaming machine, why not spend a few bucks a month on a streaming service. Or, as stated earlier, use it as a “I’m on the road for the next 2 months and don’t want to buy a 4000 dollar gaming laptop”

Quick edit: I love building computers, I will always own mine, but for the general public who just “use their computers for gaming”, game streaming makes a lot of sense, they don’t need to worry about: upgrading, their drives dying and having to replace them, putting in a new graphics card a few years down the road. They already pay to have that done for them a lot of the time, this will just make it invisible to them and package it up in a nice monthly fee, rather than a big drop investment.

1 Like

With streaming you have no control over the install. No mods etc. Adds user input lag, which sucks.

Old console games are about the only thing Id ever use something like this for. SNES mario cart for example.

Hasn’t that been usable through there for over a year?

Just last weekend I had a friend play Soul Calibur with me over Steam play together, I constantly asked him if he noticed any lag, he kept responding no. While yes it undoubtedly does add input latency, the people using this aren’t tech savy, most of them are fine playing on TVs with hundreds of milliseconds of latency, Will it be useful for hardcore/competitive gaming? Probably not for the first, absolutely no to the second. It’s still a great thing to support though because of the avenues that it makes available.

I am not a lawyer: But I would highly advise against using it with WoW or any blizzard product unless there is an explicit license between Nvidia and Blizzard.

Video game Cloud PC rental is almost as much of a scam as bandwidth providers convincing people that they can only use so many bits per month. (As if the factory that makes network bits has a limit)

1 Like

Blizzard pulled their games from GeForce Now.

Apparently there was an agreement, but Blizz decided not to move forward.

As for the the performance, it’s pretty good. I was happy with what I saw of if it on my less caplable PC while my good one was down for maintenance.

I was messing with Destiny 2, WoW, Diablo 3, Fallout 3 and Skyrim using GeForce Now’s free tier. Graphics looked great, performance was good, I didn’t perceive any input lag and I’m on a 200mb cable connection.

If I ever get tired of messing with upgrading my PC I could see myself subbing to GeForce Now.

Removing themselves from it seems like another case of Blizz shooting themselves in the foot.

And even during the Beta there were people that reported that they got banned for using GFN even though it seems Blizz had a temporary agreement with Nvidia.

1 Like

WoW on GeForce Now during the Beta did support addons for a while, but they removed that sometime last year. But sadly now WoW and all other Blizz games are not on GFN at all.

Yes and no. If you have really good hardware and only play at home then its not worth it. But if your hardware sucks or you’re on the go and don’t have an expensive gaming laptop a streaming service like GeForce Now would be great. Better than Stadia bc GFN would just use the games you already own and you can still play it on your machine locally, whereas Stadia requires you to buy them from Google and you can only play them on Stadia.

Imagine wasting time watching other people waste time playing games. What’s next? Watching other people watch other people watch other peo… oh wait… reaction videos. Inception

What are you on about?

Ahh streaming… that is all I need to know to not bother with it.

Sorry. I’m not going to dumb it down. Streaming gameplay is as low as it gets. And then there’s the reaction videos done in the streaming world now.

No one cares to watch you waste your time playing a game. NPC’s watching NPC’s essentially.

I don’t think you even took the time to read what this thread is about.

1 Like

Okay, so what does that have to do with this thread?

Ah, when I see streaming, I think of modern “streaming.” Now I think it’s even more pathetic. lol “omg i need to play my game. quick, hook me up with my game fix.”

PS Now $9.99 per month for access to 800+ games most of which don’t even have a PS4 version how can anyone that is an old school gamer possibly hate it?

Mods really do make that game so much better

Well, you definitely have the attitude of a tichondrius player. Not much of a thought going on and insults are how you communicate

if you dont have it already you should get the one that lets you craft a katana out of anything from wood to ebony steel