WoW on console confirmed?

I hope not. Consoles kill PC games.

1 Like

Just like how they handle Diablo, Overwatch, etc. There is a version for PC and consoles. When people say bring it to consoles they mean adding that platform of playability. That actually raises a good point of how that might be a misunderstanding in the forums.

which ones, specifically? It hasn’t seemed to harm Stellaris.

Ffxiv was held back due to ps3 limitations.

It’s why all the zones were small and they had a 2 second gcd.

Also no addon support so fights had to be pretty boring.

The current consoles outdo my current computer though.

1 Like

Upgrade your 12 year old toaster. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I agree, but it hasn’t stopped me from playing.

1 Like

It might in shadowlands.

They can also just lower the settings on console anyways. The cartoony, 16 year old engine settings.

1 Like

I think they were looking into it, which was the reason for pruning.

Hoping with shadowlands requirements and unpruning this means they gave up on console compatibility.

I honestly don’t think Blizzard has the talent anymore for a proper port… They would ruin the legacy with a bad port. Just look at the latest WCIII… Blizzard is running retail wow with recycled features till the wheels fall off.

I can agree with that. And before someone mentions the third party company they hired for art assets, they weren’t the ones programming those assets into the game, Blizzard was.

1 Like

Even before that, look at d3 being built for console play.

Lack of spells and basic combat.

1 Like

I would love a variation of WoW on consoles… I play both PC and console regularly so I wouldn’t mind it at all. As far as the mobile stuff, I’d easily see battle pets make a decent phone game, other than battle pets and hearthstone, I can’t see anything else WoW related on mobile being worth it.

/agreed

D3 was neutered on console, but I still bought it and enjoyed it. Never expected endless hours from it though. The different seasons seem like such a huge waste of time to me.

WoW console isn’t gonna happen. What they’re doing is allowing people to use a console controller to be viable for WoW PC.

I honestly prefer Diablo III on console. The UI is so much better and that combat roll makes combat way more dynamic IMO

1 Like

Blue post said it’s to help with people who have to use controllers, just adding support for accessibility.

1 Like

Exactly what I meant.

1 Like

Lol all those carpal tunnel players that been around since launch… :smirk:

1 Like