WoW needs to become a Character Stable game

I don’t think the game offers individuality any more. It favors FoTM and the community penalizes people for not playing them. With the way the game has gone I agree with the poster.

I don’t care for the idea. I like the difference between what I’ve done on my characters for the most part, and feel that Blizzard has made things account wide that didn’t really add to the identity of the character.

However, the one thing I would enjoy is to be able to have all the professions be open to every character. I wouldn’t do it on all my characters, but I’d still choose to do professions on my other characters, even if I had a multi-professional “main”, as it were.

I can see how this is appealing, but it’s a double-edged sword. While it’d fix egregious time investments to maintain an army of alts, it’d also mean players would much more quickly arrive at a point where they have nothing to do.

It’d require massive restructuring of how high-end content works if content droughts 3-5x worse than any we’ve seen in the past are to be avoided… likely something along the lines of removal or dampening of catchup mechanics.

That is a reasonable choice for an MMO. And it is a decision that every MMO company has to make: are my 5 characters 1 player or are they 5 friends?

Blizzard decided “friends” back in 2004. ESO is also “friends”. Are there any successful MMOs that said “1 player”? The ones I’ve played all chose “5 friends”.

It’s too late now. Blizzard is not likely to radically change the most successful MMO in history, based on you thinking it would be better.

Agreed.
Instead of 48 characters who dont know each other Id like them to be a team.

Logs onto the character stable…
I can’t wait to see what my character looks like!
Smoke fades away
Damit! Who knew taking 7 pandaren, combining them, would equal panda!