WoW Mobile Game Leak

Last mobile game I played was Monument Valley. It was very good, but I’m not in any real hurry to play more games on my phone.

Clash of Clans is a huge money-maker, time-gating that you can pay to skip and resources that you can pay to make appear in your bank out of thin air!

3 Likes

I still don’t think it’s a battle pet game. That wouldn’t have strong enough appeal to be worth spending the last 5 years developing it. I think it is going to be an “Azeroth in real life” game that uses pokemon go map and real world overlay to put objectives around you.

I think you will choose between Alliance or Horde and it will have character creation but like pokemon go you only get one. (Likely with paid race and faction swapping, this is a mobile game after all.)

You complete quests to unlock weapons, gear, and abilities and will compete over local objectives similar to pokemon go gyms.

Actually you can get it on pc via simulator.

They can put it on Battle.net App.

1 Like

Not every game has to come to PC.
It’s ok to have a mobile experience.

Refuse to play it because it’s only mobile? That’s on you.

1 Like

No it doesnt have to. But we are just interested to test how bad mobiles are. To proof that they are what King does. And people pay rng gating. So sad.

1 Like

Funny that clash of clans was loosely based on the rts.

You’re actually able to play most mobile games on PC through programs like Bluestacks.

Clash of Clans is a game that gets worse the more you play.

If Blizzard could tweak the formula so it doesn’t punish you for actually playing the game, they would have a winning game.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind clash of clans if they removed the stupid “You lose resources when others attack you” thing.

Let them gain resources based on how much you have, but don’t take them away. That encourages people not to play at all.

1 Like

I don’t want a mobile game and wish they’d put that time, money and effort into the actual game instead of the mobile non-sense. But, phone games are easy money… so I see why they’re doing it.

1 Like

I quit COC because it became too pay to win when the level of the hero could far outstrip the reasonable cost at your town level. I like the concept of the game though even though the basic monetization part of it was also technically p2w. I can deal with being behind, but when I have no chance because my opponent upgraded something to a level that is impossible without the cash shop, screw it.

I’d say IDC about pokemon go… but maybe I could use the exercize. >_>

1 Like

Sounds ill adviced. Look, I liked Clash of Clans but there are literally dozens of clones now. Unless it has a meaningful spin I just don’t see it being popular.

Am I a dip**** or would an actual WarCraft RTS not be a great idea for a mobile game?

There are a few wow clones on mobile. Class design is better than pc wow due to only really being able to have around 5 buttons per class at most so they have to all mean something, but most are korean and so there is a button on the screen that changes between:
“press this to auto-accept and complete quests” (think if “azeroth auto pilot” also had a botting program in it)

and

“press this to run in a circle and grind mobs while you sleep or are at work” (think the gold farmer bots)

The worst part however is that these games tend to monetize their game such that you need to spend $1000 (yes, you read that right, over a thousand dollars of real money) or more just to get end-game gear.

1 Like