WoW Keeps flickering

Hey guys,
So i bought a new Monitor today. Acer Predator XB271HU QHD 144Hz G-Sync IPS 27 inch.
I’m having an issue with WoW where i haven’t had before i bought this monitor. All my drivers are up to date. every other game i play runs perfect (ESO / FFXIV / Fortnite / etc)

The issue is, when WoW is loading my Character list / Loading anything in-game, i get flickering on my screen / black lines going up and down the screen.

No other game on my computer does this other then wow. Can i please get some help as to why WoW is being like this? My brother also has the exact same monitor/computer setup and he’s WoW is completely fine with no issues at all, like all the other games we play.

I have also tried Reinstalling the whole game, when i first logged in after i resintalled, everything was running perfectly fine. then after an hour or so, the flickering started again.

I have contacted a GM via live chat, they directed me here saying there is nothing wrong with my Dxdiag / MSinfo. and they said it could be my monitor settings? But if it was the case, all the other games i play should have the same issues though?

I also was told it COULD be the G-sync in the monitor with WoW? but then again, as said earlier wouldn’t it effect other games aswell? idk

thank heaps for reading!

I’ve been having the same issue and was told it’s my display cable. I’m trying the PTR out as we speak and no black lines. Who would’ve thunk it? I think I’m going to unsub until 8.2 hits, that way it will be fixed. :slight_smile:

Well i literally just bought 2 monitors for me and my brother today, and they both came with brand new Display port cables, lol. idk hope someone knows whats going on :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you tried switching monitors with your brother to rule out if it is a monitor issue or display port issue? You can have him try your monitor on his computer also.

I’m assuming it’s something that has to deal with G-sync. I don’t have a predator monitor but a MSI monitor and am experiencing the same.

Would recommend looking into disabling G-Sync to test. If you’re going with a dual monitor setup, may try grabbing the Nvidia hotfix drivers here.

I have a GSync monitor, and I experience black flickering during loading screens in both WoW and League of Legends. Those are the two oldest games I play, and they’re also the only ones that load slowly enough to let me see the loading screen… so perhaps it occurs in other games but I can’t tell, or perhaps it’s the effect of older tech. It’s not exactly what you’re describing, but it basically looks like I’m blinking really fast while looking at the screen. Disabling GSync indeed “solves” the problem.