Wow, is it ever different!

I’ve been playing wow since BC, almost 17 years. But I took a break for about a year, and I’m so confused! I’ve read all the guides, videos…and I still can’t find out what’s wrong with my main (71 level hunter)
First off, dragonflight is no longer showing up. I can fly, but only regular flying, even on my dragons.
Also, I can’t find the new lands of TWW. I’ve done the first few quests since logging on (Bronzebeard), but I can’t even find out how to get to the new lands.
I’ve done a lot of campaign quests, still doing them. But can someone please send me in the direction of how to figure this out…step by step maybe?
edited to say…yes I bought TWW, back in November of last year.
Edited again to say…I’m an older player, so be kind to this old lady for not knowing what many of you find obvious.

That’s a good sign. :+1: Anyone who isn’t confused has no idea what’s going on! :rofl:

Let’s start with this. It is most likely the flying toggle switch.

Get your Mounts tab up, where you can choose from your mounts. (Shift-P, or the horseshoe icon on your bottom bar on the right hand side.) On the top bar of that in the middle is a “Skyriding” button. Click that, and below is “Switch Flight Style”. That switches between Dragonriding/Skyriding and regular flight.

However, this works only in areas where you can do both, and Blizzard have made totally unnecessary and absurd restrictions on where you can do what, depending on derisory Pathfinder achievements. :person_facepalming:

But anyway, try that.

It starts with the quest The War Within

Check if you have it in your Quest Log, and then whether you have completed it by typing

/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(81930))

into your chat. If you have it, or have completed it, you just have to follow the quest chain, and we can definitely get that going.

If you don’t have it, and haven’t completed it, then open your Adventure Guide (red book icon on your bottom bar right hand side) and see if it is available there. Alsotry logging out and in again in Valdrakken and Stormwind.

If you still haven’t got the quest, we have a problem.

In your BattleNet client, above the PLAY button, under Game Version and Account, does it say

World of Warcraft 
WoW1 (US) - The War Within

or something else?

Thank you for your help!
It says The War Within, but here’s the deal:
Nothing happens when I put what you wrote in the chat, and I played around with the wording to see if that made any difference and it didn’t.
However, in the adventure guide, it showed me TWW, and I clicked on it. It only said "continue the campaign by accepting the bronzebeard family, in Dalaran. Trouble is, I no longer have the Dalaran hearthstone, that gets me to the correct Dalaran. When I go there from Stormwind, I get the old Dal, that still just shows the middle area as runeweaver square. If you may, can you tell me how I can get that hearthstone again?

If you did Legion on the character, you should have a Dalaran Hearthstone from that. It’s a toy now, so look for it in your toy box. (The toy will only work for characters that have competed “In the Blink of an Eye” otherwise you get an error along the lines of “You can’t do that now” when you try to use the toy.)

If you didn’t do Legion on the character, then the way to get to Broken Isles Dalaran is to take the Stormwind/Orgirmmar portal to Aszuna, and then fly to Dalaran.

1 Like

Just to clarify this, maybe. What you typed here has one bracket at the end, whereas the command I typed has two. Without that final closing bracket, the command will not execute. You may have copied it without the last character.

/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(81930))

However, we know where you are at now, so that is no longer relevant. :smiley:

Udiza has the right next step:

Thank you both very much for your help. While I didn’t have the hearthstone in my toybox, I was able to go to Aszuna and fly to Dalaran as suggested, and that did the trick. I’m now in Donogal, happily questing away!

1 Like