WoW Hotfixes - Updated November 30

This absolutely did not happen and is a flat out lie, i just tested this “fix” and im still taking over a minutes and a half to kill Goroth on mythic when it took me at most 23 seconds in 9.3

Why is it so hard for you people to add a legacy buff like all the other old raids like ICC?

5 Likes

Seriously? With all the bugs you got to work on, this was a thing? I farmed the Legion end raid for transmog last month and everything melted already. BfA raid was still challenging, but Legion was nothing.

1 Like

So you want our damage to come more from AS and Judgment instead of SotR…
Any clues as to why? What’s the vision here?

All they needed to do was increase the existing legacy power buff (hidden), but they can’t seem to even do that right as nothing appears to have changed.

Also, farming normal mode last month in S4 gear with SL power systems in place is not the same as farming mythic in pre-patch phase 2 as they removed SL power systems (tier / lego / covenant ability / conduit) in P1, then increased enemy HP and damage in P2.

2 Likes

Was this legion thing supposed to do anything? I just went in nothing changed, still takes a while to kill Mythic bosses in Tomb of Sargeras.

1 Like

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

NOVEMBER 22, 2022

Classes

• Druid
    • Balance
      • Fixed an issue where Wild Mushroom’s damage would sometimes be delayed.
      • Fixed an issue where Lunar Eclipse increased the damage of Wild Mushroom.
      • Fixed an issue where Balance of All Things (Arcane) increased the crit of Wild Mushroom.
  • Evoker
    • Soar can no longer be cast while rooted.
  • Monk
    • Brewmaster
      • Gift of the Ox healing increased by 60%.
      • Celestial Brew healing increased by 40%.
      • Pretense of Instability duration increased to 5 seconds (was 3 seconds) and Dodge bonus increased to 15% (was 10%).
  • Priest
    • Discipline, Shadow
      • Fixed an issue causing Surge of Light to not reduce the mana cost of Flash Heal for Discipline and Shadow.
    • Discipline
      • Harsh Discipline now triggers every 8 / 4 casts of Smite (was every 10 / 5 casts).
  • Rogue
    • Assassination
      • Fixed an issue that unintentionally allowed a Rogue to consume Amplifying Poison stacks applied by another Rogue.
    • Outlaw
      • Fixed an issue that prevented some offensive abilities with energy costs from being correctly affected by Adrenaline Rush’s reduced global cooldown modifier. Affected abilities were: Ambush, Blade Flurry, Echoing Reprimand, Sepsis, and Shiv.
  • Shaman
    • Resolved an issue causing Elemental Orbit to double the mana cost of Earth Shield when cast on the Shaman.
    • Restoration
      • Fixed an issue causing Recall Cloudburst Totem to be immediately usable after summoning a Cloudburst Totem.

Is Mind Spike going to get an animation before launch?

1 Like

When will enchanting vellums get fixed?

3 Likes

It seems like it could be a decent change… we’ll need to see some overall numbers to decide. Remembering that AS got nerfed by removal of HP, so less likely to hit it to trigger the Bulwark of the Righteous talent node. This change adds more damage up front to single target but does nerf our already weakening AoE damage since the AS HP nerf.

While I am happy they increased the drop chance, I do feel that they may have been heavy handed as I suspect it is now sitting somewhere between a 5-10% chance.

The better solution for these rare mounts IMO is have RNG coupled with a “counter” ie. 0.05% to drop, but after 1000 kills is 100%.
1000 kills is monumental. If you maintained 10 characters (which is a lot for most people) it would take you 100 weeks of never missing a kill. That a 2 year consistent commitment for a mount. I feel that would have been a better solution. That way people can work towards it. Lucky people might get it on kill 10 or 50 or 2. But committed people at least have a clear goal.

As you mentioned the main issue is they could take people thousands of kills. and amount of alts and time needed when there is never anything but chance, is what the issue was.

2 Likes

Why would it increase?

Is this a typo?

What am I missing here?

1 Like

“increase relative player power”
It’s making player characters strong in relation to the mobs.

The monk fixes it is a start but the problem is with survivability not healing. The major problem is with magical dmg, stagger only delay 35% and it does not scale as per description: " [You shrug off attacks, delaying a portion of Physical damage based on your Agility, instead taking it over 10 sec. Affects magical attacks at 35% effectiveness.](wowhead spell=115069)"]. Monks have Diffuse Magic, is a strong magic defence skill but with 1.5m, in downtime you need to use other 2 strong cds (Dampen Harm and Fortified Brew) to have the same effectivity, in a fight like medivh in Upper Karazhan this can be a problem because of the randomness of his skills. I did a upper 15 after the nov 22 patch and when mediv cast Piercing Missiles i felt like a WW monk tanking, at anytime my stagger got near close red and out of Diffuse Magic was super scarry! I dont have problems with my Pally, DK and Druid at the same boss, a propper balance is needed, if blizzard just change Stagger Magic Dmg effectiviness from 35% to ~50% or make it scales with gear, its fixed for me.

This is just rude.

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

NOVEMBER 23, 2022

Achievements

• Fixed an issue where Alliance players attempting to complete Pilgrim’s Peril were unable to get credit for sitting in the Undercity Bountiful Table in past Tirisfal Glades.

Classes

• Demon Hunter
    • Fixed an issue that prevented Infernal Armor’s damage value from increasing with its second rank.
  • Druid
    • Balance
      • Fixed an issue where Orbital Strike and Goldrinn’s Fang would always critically strike when affected by Balance of All Things.
  • Evoker
    • Quell can no longer be used while hexed.
  • Shaman
    • Resolved an issue causing Lightning Shield, Water Shield, and Earth Shield to be removed when logging out, entering instances, or when dying.
    • Lightning Shield now lasts 60 minutes (was 30 minutes).
  • Warlock
    • Demonology
      • Fixed an issue where Fel Sunder could not be applied by multiple Demonology Warlocks.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue where Evokers were not eligible to roll on many legacy items.
  • Adjusted the sell value of some items to better reflect their values before the recent item level adjustments.

Professions

• Fixed an issue where Shadowlands enchants could not be applied to Enchanting vellums.
    • Developers’ note: This fix will temporarily prevent enchants that were available prior to Shadowlands from being applied to Enchanting vellums. This new issue will be fixed shortly after the release of Dragonflight.
2 Likes

So as I am understanding, this fix that you did makes it so that we can no longer enchant anything on Vellums that isn’t Shadowlands?

So, why do we have to wait until the release of Dragonflight to use vellums on the rest of enchanting? Why not just revert the changes before pre-patch that made it work before?

1 Like

So to fix enchanting… they broke it in a different way that won’t be fixed until DF… when we all know that there were SL enchants still working?

What in the Tinker Bell flying f^@& are these people smoking and where can I get it?

2 Likes

:dracthyr_shrug:

Some recipes and BoEs in legacy raids were not updated for the ilvl changes. Additionally, in-raid legendaries like the ones you get from Kael-Thas in The Eye still reflect their old ilvl.

I think someone needs to be sent back in to edit those item tables as well.

/uwusforchat

Uhh, 420 blaze it :smoking:

1 Like

So to fix enchanting… they broke it in a different way that won’t be fixed until DF… when we all know that there were SL enchants still working?

What in the Tinker Bell flying f^@& are these people smoking and where can I get it?

While it’s unfortunate, it does make sense. SL enchants are going to be used in much higher volume than Pre-SL enchants. If there’s not an easy fix especially with a Holiday tomorrow and the day after, it’s a call to make sure the enchants that have significantly higher volume are the ones working.

Everyones going to be putting on SL enchants and moving their stuff around for next week. I’m sure it’ll be ok :slight_smile:

1 Like