WoW Hotfixes - January 8

Karokta despawns in minutes, even with a player standing there. It also seems to not spawn as frequently. I sat there for two days and only saw it spawn once and it despawned in 30 seconds as I was putting together a group. Before the hotfix, it spawned much faster and there were new groups every 20 or so minutes. It takes hours now to find a group. Another player told me that it despawned at 25 percent as he was soloing it. Another told me it despawned as someone joined his group. Blizz has broken Karokta with the hotfix. What is wrong with 10 to 15 rares being up at once? This new plan to have less rares up doesn’t seem to make more groups, as least not so for Karokta.

2 Likes

Wondering if this change counts as the worst WoW Retail decision of 2023 ?

3 Likes

Help mages PLEASE

December 6, 2023

Dungeons

• Throne of the Tides
    • Updated the model used by the Ink of Ozumat to reduce the visual effects at its base.
  • Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope
    • Smolderon
      • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes gain multiple stacks of Ignited Essence from 1 Living Flame.
      • Fixed an issue where a Seeking Inferno could explode twice on Mythic difficulty.
    • Tindral Sageswift
      • Fallen Feathers now spawn 6 feathers on Mythic Difficulty (was 4).

Items

• Fixed an issue that caused the Large Renown bag of Dragon Isles Supplies to always unintentionally contain a Dream Wardens Tabard.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Gift of Ursine Vengeance to fail to grant its bonuses.

Quests

• Fixed an issue preventing “Something Different” from being properly completed by PvP Brawls.
  • Fixed an issue causing a Hunt choice to be unintentionally greyed out for “Aiding the Accord: The Hunt is On”.

Season of Discovery

• Grizzby will no longer rob you of your extra quest items.
  • Ashenvale PvP
    • The lieutenant and general NPCs in the Season of Discovery Ashenvale PvP event now have much higher health.
    • Generals are now immune to damage until all of their lieutenants have been defeated.
    • While no lieutenants are dead, generals and their nearby allies gain 1000% increased damage.
    • The Horde general’s chain lightning will now hit up to 40 targets.

yeeee haw friends!

December 7, 2023

Classes

• Paladin
    • Retribution
      • Blessed Champion rebuilt to resolve issues such as pulling enemies that are too far away or through walls.
      • Wake of Ashes, Searing Light, and Seething Flames revised so that they do not damage enemies through walls.

Dungeons

• Critters can no longer benefit from Challenger’s Might and adorably kill your party.
  • Black Rook Hold
    • Addressed an issue with Fel Vomit where the line visual can fail to attach to players.
  • Darkheart Thicket
    • Updated Rotheart Keeper’s Vile Burst radius to match with the size of Vile Mushroom.
  • The Everbloom
    • Addressed an issue where Yalnu’s Verdant Eruption can stun pets and guardians.

Season of Discovery

• Ashenvale PvP
    • When a player makes any hostile action against an opposing faction Lieutenant (e.g. Keepers of the Grove, Blademasters) or faction leader in the various objective areas, they will receive reputation when that enemy dies.
      • It must be an offensive action (harmful spell, harmful ability, melee attack, or ranged attack) against an enemy to receive reputation.
      • Players will receive reputation even if they are dead or no longer nearby as long as they are still in the zone when the enemy dies.
    • Players now receive 200 reputation for killing a Lieutenant and all members of the winning faction will receive 200 reputation when the faction leader dies.
    • The winning team will also receive 100 reputation per friendly Lieutenant remaining.
    • Players now have 60 minutes to complete the Ashenvale PvP event (was 30 minutes).
  • The Trainee’s Sentinel Nightsaber and Trainee’s Outrider Wolf now require Friendly reputation with the Silverwing Sentinels and Warsong Outriders respectively (was Honored).
1 Like

This information is only for people that play (pvp)

1 lets start with my favorite ability Earthen Wall Totem everybody is aways running of the totem. 1 minute cd and we don’t get 100% benefit. There is no the visualization is bad and only take 4k damages each hit. For example, you got priest (Rapture) 8 sec power word shield for 18k or more 1.5 cd. I would prefer the blizzard make earthen wall totem 1.5 or 2 minutes. Nobody will run from my totem and take more damages in pvp.
2 shaman totem is big amount of our heal come from totem like healing stream totem 24c ,healing tide totem 2m hp of out totem is 63k that 1 hit for any class. For example, you got druid the get the broccoli the have 260k hp each and heal for a lot
3 shaman 2 set all the class for healer you look the break down for the 2 set 5% to 7% heal over all shaman 2 set 0.96 to 1.3% 3 min games came blizzard that dog (you Know) set
4 ancestral awakening 2 point heal for nothing.
5 Primal tide core is not smart heal if I healing 2 dps. 1 have riptide and i have riptide the other person need to get the riptide (wrong ) is go to me the healer the i m 40 yard away 100% hp not the person next to it.
6 - dampening is 30% pvp and feel like you play like r1 healer no fun at all feel like everybody is die all the time you got 0 time for clove for cc or play offence like purge.

Blizzard i know this is going to be a waist of time but i feel before i quit your game let you know why people like me end up quitting. I only play this class rest shaman i don’t want the class to be god tear i want to have fun play the class. If a play against good druid, priest, monk, maybe pally no a way jose i will win the match, due to no heal of my class.
Please help rest shaman class last time getting out my frustration of this class in the forum.

Hello? Am I going crazy but Zaralek Cavern rares are completely gone? They are not even spawning at all… why not make the like the Forbidden reach? No reset, plenty of spawn and half the health? I just don’t understand why is this so hard???

2 Likes

what a joke. Where’s the real tuning dungeons need???

“Fixed an issue where that dumb brown swirl in BRH will stun you even if you are like 10 yards outside of it.”

Still no?

1 Like

FINALLY

HUGE W

2 Likes

Hell, yeah!!

I can enjoy doing WCM again!

1 Like

I see theres no SP fixes this week? Still require 3 whole talent points to make shadow crash/spec viable? Dope.

1 Like

Best line ever.

3 Likes

please help rest shaman

You should then make warlocks drain life or drain soul cancel channel through walls/pillars in arena, or make hunter barrage cancel channel aswell if u go behind a structure, or make any AOE stun effect not castable next to a pillar because it interracts with obj. Or even better make warlock portal ability stop casting if they get LoS’d. lmao many more to list that need fixing.

December 12, 2023

Achievements

• Fixed a bug that prevented Assassin Bounties from progressing the Bounty Hunting and Band of Brothers

Dungeons and Raids

• Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope
    • Tindral Sageswift
      • Fire Beam number of beam spawns per pulse reduced to 6 (was 8).
      • Fiery Growth duration increased to 20 seconds (was 16 seconds) in Mythic difficulty.
      • Lingering Cinder duration reduced to 2 seconds (was 3 seconds).
      • Pulsing Heat damage reduced by 33%.
      • Fiery Vines health reduced by 7% in Mythic difficulty.
      • Addressed an issue where Mass Entanglement can fail to root tank players.
      • Addressed a performance issue that caused a server delay at the start of the encounter.

Items and Transmog

• Ashes of the Embersoul will now reset its cooldown when a raid encounter ends.
  • Ember of Nullification is now an eligible item for all Agility and Strength specializations.
  • Spiked Counterweight damage increased by 20%.
  • Xeri’tac’s Unhatched Egg Sac summon is now affected by secondary stats.
  • Wyrm’s Bountiful Chest can now be purchased from Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem, as intended.
  • Nature’s Cradle should now work on Renown items purchased from Moon Priestess Lasara.
  • Nature’s Cradle should now work on Dream Wardens Renown items that were converted at the Catalyst.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Emerald Blossom Dreamstone from unlocking certain expected PvP appearances.

Season of Discovery

• Druid
    • Starsurge rune ability damage increased 182%.
    • Starsurge cooldown reduced to 6 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    • Starsurge mana cost reduced to 1% of base mana (was 3% of base mana).
  • Hunter
    • Flanking Strike now gains the benefit of weapon enhancements like sharpening stones, is now on global cooldown, and is now properly treated as a melee attack, letting it benefit from attack power and combat modifiers to dodge, parry, block, crit, hit, etc.
    • Flanking Strike is now prevented by Pacify.
    • Flanking Strike now requires a weapon equipped.
    • Flanking Strike pet damage is now properly treated as a melee attack, with same benefits as listed above for the hunter’s damage.
    • All damaging Hunter pet abilities now gain damage from Attack Power based on their Focus costs. Hunter pets no longer gain any spell damage.
      • Developers’ notes: Pets that cast spells such as scorpid poison or Lightning Breath were scaling too well and pets using physical abilities were scaling too little. We’ve now normalized the amount of attack power gained, to scale with the focus cost of individual pet abilities. This means that abilities with a higher focus cost, that are cast less often, will receive more benefit from attack power per attack than abilities with a lower focus cost that can generally be used more often. Overall this should level out the damage and reduce situations where some abilities were scaling too much or too little with hunter attack power.
    • Scorpid poison now distributes the additional damage it gains from attack power evenly over each stack of Scorpid Poison on the target.
      • Developers’ notes: Previously, Scorpid poison received most of its benefit from the Hunter’s attack power in the very first stack. Now the additional damage gained from the controlling hunter will not be gained until the full 5 stacks of poison are on the target. This increases the ramp time a bit and makes it less immediately deadly in PvP.
    • Pets now gain 30% of the hunter’s armor (was 45%) and 20% of the hunter’s stamina (was 45%).
      • Developers’ notes: Hunter pets were gaining far too much durability from hunter stats, to the point where some pets could get more than double the health and armor of a well-geared level 25 player. We still want dedicated hunters to have the ability to tank certain dungeon and raid encounters, but pets shouldn’t be so effective that they become the objectively correct choice.
    • Aspect of the Lion has been redesigned and will now function as an Aura.
      • Developers’ notes: This means that it is possible to have Aspect of the Lion up in addition to another aspect, such as Aspect of the Hawk. As an offset to the lower amount of damage that some hunter pets will deal, and to make talents such as Improved Aspect of the Hawk more attractive to Hunters using Aspect of the Lion, we’re shifting Aspect of the Lion into an aura rather than an aspect. This change will go into effect with scheduled weekly maintenance tomorrow, but the tooltip will not yet change. In a later hotfix, we’ll rename relocalize Aspect of the Lion to “Heart of the Lion” and update the tooltip.
  • Priest
    • Priest Homunculi damage increased by 100%.
    • Void Plague damage increased by 200%.
    • Twisted Faith now increases damage done by Mind Blast and Mind Flay by 50% (was 20%) on targets afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain.
  • Rogue
    • Saber Slash, Shiv, and Main Gauche will now properly consume Remorseless Attacks.
    • Saber Slash’s tooltip fixed; damage not reduced.
    • Saber Slash damage is now properly considered a Bleed and benefits from the Mangle debuff. Note: Bleed-immune creatures will no longer be affected by it.
  • Shaman
    • Lava Lash damage increased to 150% weapon damage (was 100% weapon damage).
    • Lava Lash mana cost reduced to 1% of base mana (was 4%).
    • Overload now has a 50% chance to trigger (was 33%).
    • Dual Wield Specialization now grants 10% increased chance to hit while dual-wielding.
  • Boon of Blackfathom world buff adjusted. It now provides 3% spell hit and 25 spell power buff addition to the other physical damage and movement speed effects (was spell crit).
    • Developers’ notes: Spellcasters in general are struggling a bit in BFD, mostly due to poor scaling without spellpower and a higher requirement of spell hit to reliably hit creatures 2+ levels above the caster. Keep those Chronoboons handy and don’t stand in the fire and lose your buff!
  • Blackfathom Deeps
    • Elemental Resistances lowered in Blackfathom Deeps to levels more appropriate for a level 25 Raid.
      • Gelihast Shadow Resist lowered to 25 (was 75).
      • Lorgus Jett Nature Resist lowered to 25 (was 75).
      • Twilight Lord Kelris Shadow and Arcane Resist lowered to 25 (was 75).
        • Phantasmal Priestess all Resist lowered to 0 (was 75), so it’s no longer bad news if double casters are sent down to the dream in Phase 1.
      • Invading Nightmare Shadow and Fire Resist lowered to 25 (was 75).
      • Void Elementals Shadow Resist lowered lowered to 25 (was 75).
      • Corrosive Droplets Nature Resist lowered to 25 (was 75), and Frost Resist lowered to 0 (was 25).
  • Battle for Ashenvale
    • Battle for Ashenvale camps will no longer delay their spawn if players are nearby.

be nice if mobs would stop getting pulled through walls and ceilings in Waycrest Manor, maybe just remove the trash from upstairs in the sisters room

2 Likes

This note has a typo, right? Hamuul sells a Whelp’s Bountiful Chest, not Wyrm’s.

Bruh…

Buff. Mages.

1 Like