WoW Hotfixes - April 25

Attempting to incentivize using the legendary on-use by nerfing the DoT component is actually one of the stupidest things I’ve seen. Blizzard continues to impress me with how incompetent they are at balancing their own game. The DoT was most of the legendary’s damage in high level content and they just nerfed it by 20%, and gave the awful on-use a buff thinking that will compensate. Lol

2 Likes

Boy this is a long way off. But I am patient.

You can always tell what the devs are playing… Rets, DH, Rogue, monk, Holy P… they get the buffs, everyone else gets shamed.

any spell cleave that cry about ret makes me laugh…

While I think the haste change is great, I really dislike the damage shift from the dot to the on use. For all classes it’s still a damage loss to press this during your damage CDs so those are always a priority to press. At the end of the day it’s still just a filler. Since you’re never pressing it during CDs in m+ it’s espeically hard to find windows to use it as you also have to avoide mechanics and your job to interupt/cc. The change is such a small increase in ST and a relatively much larger nerf in aoe/m+. Really not happy about that.

1 Like

January 23, 2024

Classes

• Paladin
    • Holy
      • Fixed an issue that caused Consecrations from Righteous Judgment to be despawned by new Consecrations.
      • Fixed an issue that caused Blessing of Autumn to not reduce the cooldown of Avenging Wrath.
  • Warlock
    • Demonology
      • Fixed an issue where Wild Imps summoned by Spiteful Reconstitution would fixate on far away targets.

Dungeons

• Mythic+
    • Dawn of the Infinite: Rise of Murozond
      • Valow, Timesworn Keeper health reduced by 16%.
      • Lerai, Timesworn Maiden health reduced by 16%, and Ancient Radiance recast time increased.
      • Spurlok, Timesworn Sentinel health reduced by 16%, and Shrouding Sandstorm’s recast time increased.
      • Tyr, the Infinite Keeper Radiant Barrier damage absorb reduced by 15%.
      • Infinite Riftmage health reduced by 10%, and Infinite Burn recast time increased.
      • Time-Lost Battlefield Battle Senses / Thirst for Battle damage reduced by 20%, and Bladestorm movement reduction increased from 33% to 50%.
      • Chrono-Lord Deios Temporal Breath initial damage reduced by 16%, and damage-over-time effect reduced by 14%.
      • Infinite Keeper health reduced by 10%, and Chronal Burn damage reduced by 15%, and Infinite Blast damage reduced by 10%.

Player versus Player

• Resolved an issue causing the Mettle effect from Infurious Warboots of Impunity, Infurious Footwraps of Indemnity, Infurious Boots of Reprieve, and Infurious Binding of Gesticulation to not trigger when interrupting spells.
  • Shaman
    • Resolved an issue causing the Mettle effect from Infurious Boots of Reprieve to grant less stats than intended when triggering the effect using Earthgrab Totem and Capacitor Totem.
2 Likes

Just wanted to add here, That I recreated an elemental shaman this morning and I’m very near level 30, So far I can tell a small difference in what was adjusted. Let’s hope that these adjustment will continue past level 30 as in the past they did not or have not which is one reason why I discontinued playing retail.

So after reaching level 30, my elemental shaman’s spells are not as effective as they use to be… IE lava burst was hitting for 500 etc. So I reset my talent tree to restoration and the lava burst now hits for 1000 etc…

One thing I’ve never liked about the current retail talent tree is that it forces you to select what ever trait that’s available to you… Plus I don’t get the double tree as as I want to focus more on the damage side than I do the restoration or healing side. Also, during the adjustments of the restoration… why is the healing totem listed twice… once on the damage side and once on the healing side… this should only be listed once. The healing totem on the damage side should be removed and replaced with something else

Along with the talent tree, I see that one can adjust this talent tree on the fly. but I do not like being forced to use points when I do not like where I have to put them. Again the talent tree should completely over hauled as to allow the placement of point that I want and not be force to place point in traits that I’ll never use. I would suggest reverting the talent tree back to how it was/is in classic.

Lets hope that the current talent tree is NOT implemented into the reboot of Cataclysm…

When you get a hot minute, mage needs some help.

Pallies are still broken. Hpally cant do ANYTHING. Our aoe is such trash.

Warlocks do NOT NEED BUFFS. Are you serious?

Give Worgen Tails.

3 Likes

January 30, 2024

Achievements

• The Title and Achievement Champion of the Dragonflights are now available to those who have completed the quest “Fair Skies and Strong Winds”.
  • Adjusted Sergeant Quackers’ responsiveness so that he is now more lenient with the number of nearby ducks he requires before joining the fight for Ducks in a Row.

Classes

• Shaman
    • Resolved an issue causing Poison Cleansing Totem to not ignore line of sight.
    • Elemental
      • Corrected an issue where your character could sometimes get stuck in a state where they cannot use Lava Burst when previously having been talented into Elemental Blast.
      • Resolved an issue causing Primordial Bond to be incorrectly removed when an elemental dies or despawns while another elemental is active.

Dungeons

• Atal’Dazar
    • Addressed an issue where the Rezan encounter can unexpectedly reset.
  • Dawn of the Infinite: Rise of Murozond
    • Addressed an issue where the visual for Spark of Tyr does not snap to ground.
    • Addressed an issue where Spark of Tyr will immediately trigger if the target has immunity.
  • Everbloom
    • Addressed an issue with the Ancient Protectors encounter where players can get stuck in combat and unable to release if Dulhu is pulled out of the boss area.
    • Addressed an issue where Witherbark can be pulled out of the encounter area.

Items

• Fixed an issue where immunity effects on the player could prevent Fyrakk’s Tainted Rageheart from dealing damage to enemies.
  • The Verdant Gladiator’s Shotel cosmetic should now be purchasable from Glamora.

Player versus Player

• Iridal, the Earth’s Master damage-on use-effect now deals 10% of its damage (was 30%) in PvP combat.
  • Death Knight
    • Unholy
      • Resolved an issue causing Outbreak to not apply Virulent Plague to enemy totems, Psyfiend, and Observer.
1 Like

Feel like totems should be immune to poison/disease.
I can’t imagine this applies to warlock gateways (no hp) or monk statues (seemingly immune to debuffs).
But sure okay, seems like a very strange edge scenario here if Outbreak does just enough damage, and it’s to cause a refresh of plague to enemies around it and no one wants to just punish the UH DK player for deciding their disease vector is the inanimate object with only a spiritual pulse.

February 1, 2024

Achievements

• Fixed an issue in which the achievement Battle Mender: Season 3 was not providing progress.

Classes

• Mage
    • Shifting Power’s visual will now appear smaller and should be less disruptive for the Mage’s allies.

Dungeons and Raids

• Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope
    • Fyrakk the Blazing
      • Flamebound and Shadowbound are no longer private auras.
      • Developers’ notes: We’ve observed that the common strategy for players executing the Flamebound and Shadowbound mechanics on Mythic Fyrakk involves cumbersome addon/macro setup and execution. Our goal with this change is to remove this burden for players who are progressing on this encounter and refocus the challenge on the gameplay.
  • Blackrook Hold
    • Fixed an issue where the enemies around Lady Velendras Ravencrest do not have linked aggro.
  • Dawn of the Infinite: Galakrond’s Fall
    • Fixed an issue where Manifested Timeways can occasionally cast Unwind during keystones.
  • The Everbloom
    • Fixed an issue where the Ancient Protectors encounter can fail to respawn.
    • Fixed an issue where Archmage Sol can cast Cinderbolt Storm twice after gaining Fire Affinity.
    • Fixed an issue where the mages before Archmage Sol were not resetting their health after they left combat.

Pet Battles

• Fixed an issue causing several multi-hit Battle Pet abilities to have a chance to ignore on-death passives such as Undead or Mechanical resurrection.

Player versus Player

• Fixed an issue causing Stoneform and Fireblood to trigger a longer cooldown for Gladiator’s Medallion than intended.
3 Likes

What a travesty.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I think Afflicted Souls were being targeted by boss effects that normally target players, which caused the Souls to die without triggering their usual “you failed mechanics” thing.

…or it’s to stop shaman from using spirit link to instantly heal them to full health if the group’s standing nearby.

Buff resto druid please

1 Like

Which sensitive Karen of a player reported this?
Mages everywhere are re-evaluating their compatriots because clearly one of their “allies” is the worst kind of “ally”

1 Like

and yet they STILL haven’t fixed the annoying bug where players lose and regain their Fearless Spectator and Renowned Explorer titles whenever they mount/dismount