WoW Hotfixes – Updated May 27

Sandworm Relics really need to be changed to a currency.

As much as the relic change is nice, still doesn’t change the fact that most of that gear will be worthless fairly quickly.

1 Like

At least have the Sandworm relic gear upgrade alongside the World Quest gear 6/6 its way behind.

Heya! Here are today’s hotfixes:

MARCH 17, 2022

Creatures and NPCs

• All scarabids and annelids in Zereth Mortis now use the updated burrow spell visual effect.

Dungeons and Raids

• Sepulcher of the First Ones
    • Fixed an issue when using the Ancient Console near Lords of Dread and Rygelon to teleport back to The Grand Design could place the player in combat.
    • Vigilant Guardian
      • Fixed an issue that would break player’s ability to pick up the Unstable Orbs after they had used certain player abilities or mounts.
    • Artificer Xy’mox
      • Fixed and issue where the visual effect of Massive Blast did not accurately portray its damaging area.
    • Halondrus the Reclaimer
      • Fixed an issue that prevented Brewmaster Monk’s Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox from auto-casting Stomp.
    • Anduin Wrynn
      • Remorseless Winter damage reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Anduin’s Hope health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Anduin’s Despair health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Increased the amount of time it takes for Remnant of a Fallen King to reach maximum energy by an additional 2 seconds on Mythic difficulty.
      • Fixed an issue that made Lost Souls treat crowd control effects with PvP diminishing returns.
    • Rygelon
      • Fixed an issue which could cause Dark Eclipse to not trigger a Dark Eruption.
    • The Jailer
      • Player guardians, such as Fire Elemental, are now protected while players are affected by Rune of Compulsion.
      • Fixed an issue where Dominating Will could be removed via immunities. Dominating Will’s heal absorb reduced by 10% on Normal difficulty and reduced by 20% on Heroic difficulty to account for the potential increase in difficulty of the ability.

Items and Rewards

• Significantly reduced the respawn timer for the Sandworn Chest in the Endless Sands.

Quests

• Characters who had the “Match Made in Zereth Mortis” quest incorrectly automatically completed and became blocked on the Campaign chapter will now have the quest available to them when they next zone into Zereth Mortis.
    • Developers’ note: Enterprising players who found a way to unlock all the teleporters in the area and proceed along the quest line without the quest will be allowed to proceed as normal, without needing to backtrack to this quest.
2 Likes

The Vigilant Guardian issue still persists.

1 Like

Here’s the hotfix update for the day:

MARCH 18, 2022

Characters

• Players should no longer forget their Locus Shift travel points when they change factions.
    • Developers’ note: Players who incorrectly lost their Locus Shift teleports from this issue will have them restored the next time they zone into Zereth Mortis.

Classes

• Death Knight
    • Abomination Limb (Necrolord Ability) should now be more consistent when trying to pull valid enemies when they are nearby enemies immune to the grip.
  • Druid
    • Guardian
      • (4) Set Bonus: The visual effect of Architect’s Aligner has been updated to prevent confusion with Mythic+ and raid mechanics.
    • Restoration
      • (2) Set Bonus: Fixed an issue where Renewing Bloom would not be extended by Verdant Infusion (Runecarving Power).
  • Priest
    • Fixed an issue where mouseover macros would not work for Fae Guardians (Night Fae Ability).

Dungeons and Raids

• Sepulcher of the First Ones
    • Vigilant Guardian
      • Point Defense Drones will now cancel Searing Ablation while shutting down during the Exposed Core sequence.
    • Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener
      • Fixed a combat log display issue with pets.
    • Anduin Wrynn
      • Anduin’s health has been reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
      • Fixed an issue that could cause the application of Domination’s Grasp to the Remnant of a Fallen King to be delayed.
    • Lords of Dread
      • Cloud of Carrion will now prefer targets without Biting Wounds.
      • Fixed an issue where Anguishing Strike could do damage more often than intended.
      • Fixed an issue where Cloud of Carrion could erroneously pass to the tank if it moved over a player inside Podtender (Dreamweaver Soulbind).
      • Several spells no longer hit pets.
    • Rygelon
      • Fixed an issue where certain mechanic’s visual effects would become hidden when Hunters Feign Death.
  • Mythic+
    • Encrypted Affix
      • Fixed an issue where Wo’s stealth effect would not apply to pets and guardians.
  • De Other Side
    • Mueh’zala
      • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Mueh’zala to perform the wrong animation when hit by certain player abilities.
  • Tazavesh: So’leah’s Gambit
    • Hylbrande
      • Fixed an issue where if a player disconnected while carrying Bypass Codes, the code rune would disappear and be inaccessible for the Sanitizing Cycle phase.

Quests

• Players who tell Tal-Inara that they have been to Zereth Mortis before and have already met Pocopoc will now receive the Enlightened reputation they would miss out on by skipping those quests.
    • Developers’ note: Enlightened reputation is strongly tied to the Zereth Mortis campaign, and we felt it was unfair to have a high hidden cost associated with using the dialogue option that skips the Zereth Mortis introductory quests for players who’ve already completed the introduction on other characters. This change addresses that by making the choice net neutral with regard to Enlightened reputation.
4 Likes
  • Players who tell Tal-Inara that they have been to Zereth Mortis before and have already met Pocopoc will now receive the Enlightened reputation they would miss out on by skipping those quests.

If we’ve already skipped, how do we get this missing rep? It’s certainly not showing up automatically.

6 Likes

Is this retroactive for alternate characters that have already used the skip option for Zereth Mortis prior to today’s hotfix?

5 Likes

Still no fix for Deathborne removing itself if you try to pop it prepull? Its been an issue since nathria and now that its a decent covenant for Frost mage we can’t pre-pull pop it or it just deletes itself. But still no sign of a fix, and its not gaining any traction. It literally destroys dps for me to even try to use it prepull because it just goes away. And I lose dps if i have to cast the whole thing in the middle of my opener. Its not absolutely devestating, more of an annoying bug to deal with. No traction on any post in the bug reports for it outside a few people who are concerned. Not enough traction = not getting fixed? Have you all just not seen the post and are legitimately not aware it exists or is it a work in progress/known bug that I haven’t found listed anywhere?

1 Like

So… this retroactive, or are all my alts that I already took to ZM just SOL on that rep?

6 Likes

Please make the reputation retroactive for the Zereth Mortis skip, missing out on all my characters is such a feel bad.

4 Likes

I am terrible at SQL, and I could 100% figure out a DB scrape to award the missing rep to characters that have already completed that (albeit invisible) quest ID.

Like… Stop it with the half-measures, damn.

1 Like

Sorry to say but this is intended.

When is this getting fixed?

1 Like

Why does the key for this cache have such an obnoxiously low drop rate?

3 Likes

What about the players who already “skipped” ZM so now we’re stuck behind on rep? Is there a hotfix planned to give us that rep? It’s made it much more difficult to get revered by next week.

2 Likes

I have 9 alts that have already skipped it (all of my alts), will they be granted the missing reputation? If not this is too late for all of my characters.

7 Likes

now this is game changing for alt being an friendliness option.

before it was an alt hinderance trick as you would save a few hours but loose days and days worth of rep. a real “what’s the point” of getting passed the quests if all you can do is stand around waiting for world quests to reset. all other optional rep grinding would have been there all the same regardless so not really a rep catch up solution.

this is a really good change. thx.

1 Like

In a similar boat, already skipped on quite a few characters…

4 Likes

I was ok with losing it since it was part of the deal. But now that it isn’t part of the deal… I went to ZM on 16 alts so far and parked them in the inn…

3 Likes