WoW HCSF - All Primary Pressions>One Character

What do you think?

I personally would love that I could do every primary profession so that I could trasmute bars for blacksmithing and also continue to make potions as needed, as well as bags, enchants etc.

With this sort of extended leverage to SF characters, it seems that fresh SF server would be in order, that way everyone would be on a even playing field as far as who can craft what (i.e. non-SF not being able to do all primary professions seems unfair?).

Unnecessary

2 Likes

No, leave SF the way it is, if you want to play SF, know there will be some limitations. What’s next are you going to ask that they allow you to be able to solo all instances as SF, so it tunes the instance, raids and other content easier when you have the SF flag on? Perhaps hire a “companion” similar to in Diablo which will follow you along, buffing or doing damage for you, since there is content which is hard to solo and so you can safely go AFK without worry? WOW was never designed as a single player game, don’t expect Blizzard to make it that way.

They also wont be launching a fresh server for HC, unless they launch something like TBC, and even then its unlikely they would add a HC server, there just isn’t the population, were far more likely to see them merge the two servers we have, to the dismay of some of the Skull Rock players, then to ever see another hc server.

2 Likes

Nope mainly asking to be able to do all crafts minimum. :wink:

ps – new server would just be a bonus if anything but not what im truly after.

So you’re taking a harder mode, and asking it to be easy mode? No thanks. Not only would this trivialize SF, it would make the mode painful as people who want to maximize survival are forced to try and juggle multiple banks worth of crafting mats and pay a ton of extra recipe fees.

It’s both a step back in difficulty and a logistical nightmare.

You’re not enchanting on SF; get over it.

1 Like

You not really hardcore, you think you are, but ya not.

Might i ask what makes that easy mode? you still have to farm all your mats, and spend all that time to do them all.

edit: as it stands now, there are some professions you cant even do because there is no way to get items from other professions that craft specific items required by the profession you’re trying to do – do you have a proposal as to how we solve that without saying what everyone has already said in the forums before (i.e. items that would otherwise be craft by another player, but instead sold by a vendor)??

It’s easy mode, because the whole point of SF mode is that characters must survive with a subset of the gear and item options available to normal characters. You can’t stop by the AH and grab a stack of potions, new items for every slot, and maintain cool engineering gadgets. You have to choose, and strategize with your options.

Not every profession has to be viable in every mode. You can’t enchant without maxing BS first, then that’s how it is. You don’t kill the entire mode and nerf it down to nothing, because one profession doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Same old, same old! Play SF the way it’s made or make your on challenges.

2 Likes

You can’t even do that in any of the current variations of WoW, and we’ve accepted that for years. You are playing an RPG where decisions matter.

Yes you can, it requires time and the ability to manage inventory. Are you in some sort of rush?

2 Likes

All of yalls points are fair. I see what you mean and I can respect it. I also now agree with them. Makes sense. Thanks for all the input.

3 Likes

The biggest issue with breaking the two profession limit is it’s an increase to player power and will completely destroy the economy.

Kill a mob and a green item drops? Great you can disenchant it. Does it drop some cloth? Great you can turn it into bags. Is it skinnable? Great you can skin the mob too. Was it standing by an Herb or Ore? Great you can grab that as well.

Also there are quite a few items that require a certain profession to use and having every profession allows combinations currently impossible.

I think the only reasonable requests would be a vendor selling certain thing like blacksmithing rods or allow accountwide trading at 60.

1 Like

whole point of SF is to be harder… with all professions you are now gonna have an easier time than someone who can trade lol :expressionless:

1 Like

How are you going to have an easier time than someone who can trade?

You can’t trade your money and lose it all if you die in SF, so it’s already harder.

Regular HC is easier BECAUSE you can trade items & money away to alts to hide stuff on them in event of death.

In SF, you lose everything if you die, regardless of how many professions you have, so how is it easier??

Professions already have a significant impact on making the game easier, probably as much as trading does for most people, excluding those obviously who really Twink out their alts. While ones such as leather working and blacksmithing aren’t nearly as overpowering as Alchemy and especially Engineering which is kind of in a class by itself, being able to have all professions would be crazy strong. All it really adds is time, but as this is HC, for most of us, it’s not a race to level anyway.

2 Likes

because having every single profession gives you a super power that regular HC people wouldn’t have… if you don’t think having all professions makes you OP, then you’re wrong :expressionless:

2 Likes

If SF had all professions unlocked, everybody - probably except me - would go SF :wink:

As a LW, I can already make gear that’s better than I can get from rewards and drops. I do more damage.
If I add Engi, I also have target dummies to escape if I’m in a tough spot.
Adding Alchemy gets me the ability to get back mana or health if I pull too many, I can also pop a speed potion if all else fails.
Grab enchanting to add to my better gear so I’m even a bit more powerful.
Gonna start tailoring, so I can make great big bags and won’t have to toss items or run back to town in the middle of my questing.
I’ll level blacksmithing to make wep chains and keys for locked chests.

You can’t even do this in every other mode, why do you think it’s appropriate in a mode that’s supposed to be harder?

1 Like

I think it would be a good idea since it wouldn’t effect anyone else’s gameplay. But if you want to drop SF at 60, you also have to drop the extra professions, if you ask me.

1 Like