Wow Freezes non responsive after latest Patch

Ever since the recent patch with all the cross faction bugs wow has also become freeze-prone/crashprone. I’ll be just flying randomly somewhere or in the middle of a fight and it completely freezes the screen eventually Windows tells me wow is non-responsive and do I want to wait for the program to respond if I wait it usually doesn’t fix itself so I wind up having to close the program reenter while and causing all kinds of headache sometimes I’m dead sometimes people leave your group etc. Blizzard you need to fix this this all started happening since the patch. I also want a refund for the last week because I have not been able to have any kind of decent gameplay between the freezing and all the writing lost from the bugs in rated PVP.

I feel you there. My support topic post below yours talks about a similar thing.
I’ve noticed since the new patch, all of the new posts about these related topics that have a group of the same users going into the post, offering the same “solution” every time, we all try the “solution” and it doesn’t do anything at all.
So obviously, something else is wrong and it’s just becoming a big game of blaming the other person.
The reality? Everything worked before the patch. Minutes after the patch? Tons of these issues arose and many people reported them across the board.
The triggering event? The new patch.

1 Like

I’ve been getting random frame drops since the patch. I hold steady at 60 FPS for a bit, then all of a sudden it drops to below 20. Especially when a menu or map is open. It’s definitely NOT my system causing it.

Close the client down completely, rename your WTF and Interface folders located within your \World of Warcraft\retail folder, open the client and redo your graphics settings to match what they were before. Test to see if the problem still continues.

99% of the time, it’s a bad addon. No joke, 99% of the time… Maybe even higher. Some change to the game engine API can throw off addons, then they sit there stuck in loops, hitching your frame rate, or in some cases, completely locking your client up for seconds at a time until they hit a loop limit.

So yes, people are going to give you the same “solution” that you seem to not want to hear. Even the blues will tell you to try this first, then to run a scan/repair, then we look at your DXDIAG and then we work from there. It’s part of how troubleshooting works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.