WoW Economy TOS

Good luck to who ever thinks they can set prices and get everyone to agree with them in keeping them there. lol undercutting and making people mad is fun.

idk, sounds like the exact opposite of a free market. Good luck with your pseudo-mafia plans.

No.

Can easily be undercut by someone in that community also. Sure, you can remove them from your community, but it’s still a free market.

Terrible idea.

It can work both ways. Crafters want to charge lots of gold, gatherers can do the same.

Still a free market though.

Because I really don’t think you could get enough players to commit to this to even begin to touch market manipulation.

There have not been actually. That’s a very old tale where people used as some sort of cover story for actions they had actually done.

Since you cannot manipulate the market in any way, it’s not possible to be actioned for it.

People are welcome to buy and sell for whatever they wish and it’s up to the player base to decide if they want to buy something at a specific price. Otherwise, they can gather it for free themselves in-game.

But no, not only has nobody been a ruined for “market manipulation”, it has literally never been a category for an account action. It’s an old wives tale.

2 Likes

And that’s the thing. If there’s a “miner’s cartel” choking off your profession you simply make an alt to solve your problem. Any attempt at a cartel controlling prices will always fail since players can easily make profession alts.

1 Like

I remember reading that this happened early on with the lariat and whomever sold below their acceptable price got harassed.

Homie’s out here forming the Worshipful Company of Jewelcrafters.

1 Like

Bro here thinks he can control the market and form an all powerful conglomerate oligarchy :rofl:

Follow your dreams, buddy!

2 Likes

Economy ToS violations are almost entirely real life money transactions.

Used to be tripped by vpns a lot but I think they have gotten better with that.

I can already see the drama that discord would be. Someone gets suspicious that someone else in their little cartel is undercutting then the accusations come flowing in, people at each others throats, human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

1 Like

With how broken the crafting system is most people just get others silenced via report spam abuse. Everyday we stray from the auction house with upgrade tokens coming purely from content the future gets a bit darker.

5 k? you think we are made out of gold ?

1 Like