Wow disconnect problem

Hello, when I am playing I would randomly freeze and disconnect very often. Almost every 5-10 minutes. It freezes and does not unfreeze for a couple minutes after. My bf is playing right next to me and his connection is fine??? We can see my character freeze and his continues fine. Every other internet application works perfectly fine. Please help solve this issue. Is it the server or is it my computer?

5 Likes

This is happening to me too right now. I’m at Mechagon

Edit: this is happening to me everywhere and it’s getting annoying.

2 Likes

Mine would freeze up & then Disconnect me from the Game… Then Say I had No Internet Connection. Well - If I had no internet connection… how did I access other Non Blizzard Related internet sites then? The game is disconnecting the internet somehow, and I haven’t figured it out yet…

2 Likes

I’m getting the same thing. I’m streaming music from YouTube while I play with no interruptions at all, so I haven’t had so much as a blip in my internet access, but every 5-10 minutes I get flat dropped from WoW.

1 Like

I keep disconnecting just as I get to the login screen. 3 times in a row.

1 Like

Had numerous issues over the past two days, then earlier this evening I managed to log in (after midnight, e.s.t) and everything was going "great" for about an hour then suddenly one of the plethora of issues (game not responding; trying to remove mail and it would not go into my bag, every post I made on the AH has "vanished," AH in endless and never ending "searching for items" cycle) told me we were back to the same old Blizzard.

Now I can’t even get back to the character page as the initial sign in page is now stuck in the “connecting” stage; after which I finally had to cancel (literally waiting for 10 minutes, went to the kitchen, cleaned some dishes, came back and it’s still “connecting”).

The hour I spent playing this evening is probably the most time I’ve managed to be able to play since their Tuesday “scheduled” maintenance that apparently broke the game.

It’s like this with every expansion, n00blets, and of course it’s always ‘the customer’s fault’ so update you drivers, you opsys, change your underwear stand on your head with a coat-hanger between your toes facing west and cross your fingers before you attempt to get a legitimate answer from anyone who is actually staff and not another Blizzard sycophant vying for their weekly brownie badge.

Just as a side note; from the time I said I canceled my attempt to connect I attempted to reconnect and it’s more than 20 minutes from my last attempt that the page is stuck in the “connecting” stage.

1 Like

I have been crashing to desktop so much since the last update before the latest, I cant really even play as im constantly getting dropped to bluescreen while fighting or flying.
I have completely removed and then manually re-installed all of my add ons, and only have ones running that seem to be ok. I ran the Blizzard update helper tool thing, which also seemed to make no difference. I have also tried the newest and a couple of prior nvidia drivers. Im running Windows 7 and have a geforce 1070 ti. Everything else is working fine on my machine. I saw another thread talking about the direct X but I think my game is still set for direct x 12. Should i try setting it back to direct x 11?

1 Like

Same problem here for the last few day. :frowning: I so want to play the new content but alas…not gonna happen.

ps. Forgot to mention I also did the full UI reset as instructed by Blizzard.

Check your outdated addons guys.
I was having the same problem, then I disable some outdated addons and didnt disconnect for now.
Im still watching it.

Same problem here.

1 Like

Im having disconnect problems but its different entirely my browser works fine facebook and youtube operate really well but when I open blizzard to update WoW with the recent update it causes all other websites except facebook and youtube to not work and the blizzrd agent is constantly trying to connect to the internet, I haven’t opened it yet or logged into it but my browser seems to work just fine

Same issue here, it’s not just from ingame, so it’s not addons my launcher is disconnecting too, something is real odd.

It DC’d me during a ingame cut scene for opening the new raid up with no way to watch it again :frowning:

Same, ever since yesterday, I cannot make it past the loading screen. Tried all the fixes, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, dumped all the files, numerous times of going in to the command and doing what they suggest, still nothing. I get to the loading screen and yep, Error code and disconnect again and again.

If thats the one with the Nightfallen?/Nightelf getting something done to her by the God thing that I dunno what it is, then this exact same thing just happened to me an hour ago. I cant stay connected for more than 10 minutes or so.

Hey Celyna,

The best thing to do in these situations is ensure the computer is connected via Ethernet if possible. From there, a power cycle of the modem and router (both) would be next.

If it’s still not working after that, please reply back with a winMTR test so we may better assist you.

Thanks!

lots of dc and freezing issues for me

I have an idea Blizz, how about you check YOUR game? I bet none of us had these issues before 8.2. We cant all have the same problem with all our computers

1 Like

can you read the reply?

Same problem here constant freezing and disconnecting. Game is unplayable most of the time…My wi-fi is steady and fast…i have other devices connected and function without interruption.

1 Like

Exact same thing happening to me.

WoW is absolutely unplayable.

Other real time internet games and streaming services run just fine.