WoW customer service system is terrible

there ticket reply is always auto, i do miss the days when we could call for help and or a GM would speak to us about our ticket, instead of a copy and past.

I can make up numbers too.

yeah but my issues generally dont fall under any category they have listed, so the quest and achievement category is the only reliable way ive been able to get in touch with a human being

so wait hold up, you bought cod points, saw the transaction was done, and just kept buying more without verifying anything?

It went through half of the time. The other times it would charge it through battle.net, but not follow through on Activision’s side.

That call in line was for Billing, Account Access, and some Tech Support issues. Blizzard was NOT clear about that though and it got flooded with calls for anything and everything. Complaints about game design, wanting to hear a GM joke, squabbles over loot, Guild drama, etc.

Now they use Phone Callback or Live Chat for Billing, Account Access, and some Tech Support. Normally that option comes up in the Ticket system if it is during shift hours and it is available. Since COVID though hours for interactive chat have been SUPER limited. It will be very very helpful when Blizz staff can go back to the office and have access to the full toolset again.

The real text chat for tickets was a good customer experience, but it led to SUPER long ticket times - which were not good. Now they just message you if they need more info and think they can’t get it via ticket. It is not ideal for individual customers as they don’t get the one on one attention. However it does get more people helped…I guess that is a trade off.

Last time I talked to one was Warlords and it was for a game license issue impacting forum posting ability…oddly enough. They contacted me in game and sorted it for me, then sorted it for everyone else impacted. It was a REALLY odd issue though so I get why they talked to me.

That usually means your issue is something a GM can’t help with. Again, go visit the CS forum first and ask about your issue, and ask what the best category is for it. It saves you the frustration of having to go back and forth on tickets under the wrong topic, or tickets they can’t help with at all.

1 Like

I can remember calling and actually talking to customer support. I was a kid and excited lol.

Yeah I wouldn’t even bother logging tickets because they just make you jump through hoops & redirect to the forums or wowhead. Usually if I have an issue I don’t even bother & just stop playing a character until a patch rolls around & see if the issue is fixed.

Submitted a ticket for help with Uuna, Shadow Tear disappeared after I failed in the senario. Referred to the forum someone also having the same issue no answer. Told GM’s can’t help with hidden quest lines. I’m frustrated.

Im just going to keep doing what I have to do in order to reach a human being. If i have an issue, and I check wowhead, I check these forums, and I ask other people about my issue and I still cant find a solution or answer then I make a ticket. Usually when I make a ticket it links me to other outlets before actually letting me make the ticket, in that case I go through those suggestions, sometimes I find my answer, sometimes I dont. If i dont find my answer ill continue with making the ticket.

all i know is i remeber when an actual GM would come and talk to me in game. like when a piece of loot was accidently looted to me in MC: not more than an hour later, a super nice GM messaged me and it was cleared up quickly. now you are lucky to get an automated message weeks later. i am under the impression is that customer service is dead last in priority now. such a shame.

Read this thread and use the macro they’re talking about to see if it says it’s completed:

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/uuna-scenario-bugged/146770/2

I have no clue how to run that macro sorry 67 year old granny here And I’m sure I’m at the right place I tried hugging her cause she is shinny but nothing

Copy and paste it into your chat box in game. That’s all you have to do. And if she’s shiny, I think that means it’s completed and you move on to the world tour. But that macro will tell you.

2 Likes

I ran a key a week ago with a horrible player saying slurs, telling people to do horrible things to themselves. I reported the player and was trying at length to find a way to send screenshots of the convo in party chat. Never heard back from anyone at Blizz. Its disappointing for sure.

It’s that easy? lol I was on the macro screen trying to figure it out. If this works I will be one happy camper okay by chat you mean “say” right? it won’t let me paste anything there

May have something to do with them have magnitudes less people putting in tickets.

If that doesn’t work, here’s how you create a macro:

Go into the macros.
Click on “new.”
Pick any icon you want.
Name it Uuna.
Click “okay.”
Then in the text box that says “enter macro commands,” copy paste the macro there.
Click save.
Drag macro icon to your bars.
Click it.

1 Like

To report that kind of chat you should right click the line of chat and report for Language. That report captures the name, server, chat logs, and everything else! It is done that way so that you don’t have to try to take screen shots or remember what someone said.

When you report, you don’t get a note back telling you what happened to that specific person. They tend to keep that private between Blizz and the player. They DO however action for language like that and you certainly should be reporting it.

If you want to see results, come by the Customer Support forum from time to time and you can find grumpy people who were Silenced as a result of reports

1 Like

The problem is if it’s effective then people will use it.

If people use it then it will cost more to provide.

Quarterly profits don’t give a damn about if your satisfied with your customer service experience.