WoW customer service system is terrible

Customer service used to be a pillar of this game.

Nowadays we get never ending loops directing us away from actually being able to speak to another human being via tickets

19 Likes

Probably because of covid.

General I sent emails to CS for help and they do, usually, respond to them within a day.

2 Likes

What’s the issue and how can we help?

2 Likes

Yeah it took me two weeks to figure out you could still submit a ticket and their response was “ohhh geez yeah you gotta submit a ticket within two hours”

They’re literally gaslighting me

4 Likes

If you get stuck trying to use the Support system then you can ask for assistance on the Customer Support forum.

That serves as an Information Desk where regulars and Blizz Forum Support Agents assist with how to put in tickets, explain policies, explain services, etc. It is not a substitute for a Ticket and there are no GMs on the forums. They can help you figure out the best option for your issue though.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/support/customer-support/13

You may also wish to review the article on what Game Masters can help with. Most things do not require direct chat. Live Chat and Phone Callback are used for Billing, Account Access, and some Tech Support issues.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-game-master-help/11354

Keep in mind some of the things people put in tickets for like Bug Reports or Suggestions, are not something Game Masters handle.

2 Likes

I finally got a ticket in only to be greeted with an 8 day wait timer.

1 Like

Its not 8 days. Its a display issue. Its usually 3-4 days due to covid related work from home issues.

kotor support is better even now with covid

everything is that way
everyone is understaffed unless they are using folks manning the phones from home

I remember when you could easily write a ticket in-game.

I get it’s so they can more quickly answer tickets by ensuring* they are properly categorized, however it feels frustrating navigating through category’s and subcategory’s to finally explain your issue.

Mainstream CS is designed to give individuals multiple bot spam messages to weed out 90% of the people making tickets, of the 10% that keep bumping their tickets go to a human, 10% of those will get escalated to a professional and maybe half of those will get a satisfactory resolution.

You have less than 1% chance of a real problem getting solved by CS.

Me too. I also remember having to wait over 7 days to have someone help me because the ticket queus were filled with people want their loot disputes solved and their voices heard on the way they want the game to be made. Ticket times suck but theyre better now that its streamlined to cut out Goerge and his need to “vent” to someone at Blizz about how his PVP spec isnt cutting it.

3 Likes

And most of those are people wanting things that the GM’s cant or dont have the ability to do. They have rules to follow too. They cant go full rogue and start giving little Billy somethig he didnt earn just because he’s screaming that he did.

4 Likes

What op describes has been happening way before Covid.

2 Likes

That is indeed a display issue. The time given is the average of ALL tickets in queue for all Blizzard products. It is not a countdown or specific to your individual ticket.

Ticket times are longer than average right now due to COVID work from home limits, lots of interest in gaming overall which generates tickets across the games, and of course the SL expansion.

Again, if you want guidance to figure out IF CS can help, and find the best way to put in a ticket, visit the Customer Support Forum. The folks there are a very helpful Information Desk to guide you through the ticket system or answer other questions related to Support, Policies, or Services.

During certain shifts there are Blizzard Forum Support Agents who answer most posts and make sure info provided is accurate. They are not GMs though and that forum is not a substitute for an actual ticket.

1 Like

ive been just submitting tickets under achievement or quest issue, then say i still have a problem, make my ricket, i get a automated response and i again say i still have a problem, then i get a real person

Yeah they cant have a option for every problem someone might have so sometimes you just gotta get creative with the ticket process. Whatever gets you to the help you need i suppose.

Aren’t we technically still on Holiday Break? Blizz employees take vacations too just like real people. Two weeks over xmas and new years. Deal with it.

That category for Quests and Achievements is one that almost always gets a template response for the first reply. GM’s are not allowed to step in and grant quests or Achievements except in some VERY rare instances. They are also not allowed to give game hints. So the first step is to point people to resources where they can read through the Quests and Achievements.

That is a very poor ticket choice to use if your issue is not Quest or Achievement related AND it is not something the GMs can help with. See the link I posted above for the Article on what GMs can do, and cna’t do.

First, let’s cover some things that a Game Master is generally not able to do.

• Game Masters are unable to provide Game Hints.
    • Game Hints consist primarily of providing information on the functionality of the game, drop rates and locations, encounter mechanics, etc…
  • Game Masters are not Developers. They cannot change game design or otherwise circumvent intended design, nor go beyond the policies that are in place to ensure everyone has a fair playing experience.
  • Game Masters are not able to resolve potential bugs in-game, though they are sometimes able to help with issues caused by a bug.
  • Game Masters cannot provide Beta access, they don’t have keys to hand out. Nor do they have release dates for patches or other events. If it is not listed on our website, a Game Master won’t be able to tell you.
1 Like

It isn’t. Activision completely ruined WoW’s CS along with their other games. Getting in touch with a rep on any of their games is terrible. I spent 2 months trying to track down where $100 worth of CoD points went because I kept buying them and they would never show up. Ended up getting a refund and them telling me “we will no longer refund you”. 3rd world customer service lol.

1 Like